• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Cow Mountain

TacoHog

4️⃣ Gold
Reaction score
2017 Pro DCSB Manual
Cement
I went to south cow mountain Ukiah -Nor Cal-for the first time on Father's Day! Lots of good trails and they have a obstacle course-Sorry I didn't take pics- I gotta work on that- But it was a fun day -I mostly was in the red mountain
area- Motor cycles and 4WD share same area so u you need to be mindful of bikes- (hollister has separate area ) Some nice vistas from the top- Clearlake in the background! I still haven't been to Knoxville by Berryessa -does anybody have any good intel on there? Thanks

@TacoHog. I tried to get into South Cow Mountain a few weeks ago after they said they had opened from COVID, but it was still closed.

Which entrance did you approach from?

Also, any specific routes you would recommend once there?

I came in from101 N talmage road -westside staging area- I believe u can come in from clear lake Lakeport as well -If you download a map The area around Red Mountain camp has more 4x4 trails and a obstacle course as well. You need to download a map ahead of time - there is no ranger station and limited facilities- outhouses ,a couple of covered picnic tables - but some trails for sure!

@TacoHog ... Never followed up on this, but I did go back!

This time I entered from the Ukiah side and just after a ton of rain.

IMG_1067.JPG

It was a messy day. I was washing off mud for over an hour once I got home.

A few lessons learned:

1) Need some recovery boards if I'm ever going to do this again.
2) Lots of dirt bikes out here. It was a bit sketchy due to zero visibility fog situations.

I wanna get up there again, but probably need a better Map. I'm also looking into some places out past clear lake, and in the central valley area.

LOOKS like a good time!! they close after heavy rain so make sure you check the website!

Back