• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

CONGRATS TYLER!!! 10,000 Members

Excited Pumped Up GIF by Lil Jon

That would be @benh088

I guess the 10k doesn't include banned/removed members. Side bar says 9200(something)
Correct.

More specifically, the reason there is an ~800 member difference between the sidebar and the actual member numbers (@benh088 being 10,000), is because of something that happened when the forum was newish. One day I woke up and the forum had a few hundred spam accounts join and then make a few thousand spam posts. I learned my lesson after that and implemented some anti-spam measures. Actually, I spent about 2 years manually approving every single new member registration because that is the only way to be 100% effective.

Either way, thank you for noticing and making this thread, @TCOTUE. When we saw the thread title when we woke up today, we both said NO WAY! We appreciate everyone that uses the forum and when we see 10,000 members in the sidebar (meaning we have 10,000 members and none of them are spam accounts), we'll host a cool giveaway.

Correct.

More specifically, the reason there is an ~800 member difference between the sidebar and the actual member numbers (@benh088 being 10,000), is because of something that happened when the forum was newish. One day I woke up and the forum had a few hundred spam accounts join and then make a few thousand spam posts. I learned my lesson after that and implemented some anti-spam measures. Actually, I spent about 2 years manually approving every single new member registration because that is the only way to be 100% effective.

Either way, thank you for noticing and making this thread, @TCOTUE. When we saw the thread title when we woke up today, we both said NO WAY! We appreciate everyone that uses the forum and when we see 10,000 members in the sidebar (meaning we have 10,000 members and none of them are spam accounts), we'll host a cool giveaway.

Oh those spam days. I was reporting them as fast as I could. Haha

Oh those spam days. I was reporting them as fast as I could. Haha
I can’t imagine the logistics of the spam accounts. Are people in small, 3rd world countries, really joining the forum to post spam? Why? Do they think of it as some way to successfully make money? I have no clue.

Back