• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Communication Problems with 2020 Tacoma

NMBruce

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Quicksand
Does anyone else have a problem with the "Elapsed Time" in the ECO on the head unit not working?
Mine has not worked since new and the dealer had ordered me a new head unit after 3 visit, but Panasonic will not replace it, saying that it was a Toyota problem with communicating in the system.
I also had a problem with my doors not locking and the dash display telling me to turn the truck off, when off or running, plus my power outlets would keep power on, even with the truck locked. I took it to a dealer and they pulled 7 codes, almost all communication errors
IMG_2185.jpg

took it back to my dealer, 7th time this Tacoma has been in the shop and after the dealer talked with Panasonic and Toyota Engineers, they told me that they are working on the problem
B9B57573-2B0F-4BC4-8617-E4E33C2AAB62.jpg

Anyone else having these problems?

Yep. Elapsed time on Eco page always indicates 00:00 for me. Haven’t been bothered enough to take it in... but really interested if you discover a fix.

Back