• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

CMC for 2019 Tacomas? Did you need one?

Yes all the markings was on the cab mount chop plate…I painted it black…and before the last alignment…
It was a shinny section. 4 inch by 2 inches…passenger side only..that was showing rubbing..
Tested it again, on a few , not very rough roads …NO rubbing issues…
I need to test a bit more on rougher terrains…

I do feel more vibration in the steering wheel… so it looks like one problem solve another one pops up…lol

Yes all the markings was on the cab mount chop plate…I painted it black…and before the last alignment…
It was a shinny section. 4 inch by 2 inches…passenger side only..that was showing rubbing..
Tested it again, on a few , not very rough roads …NO rubbing issues…
I need to test a bit more on rougher terrains…

I do feel more vibration in the steering wheel… so it looks like one problem solve another one pops up…lol
How long did you drive with the alignment out? There's been times when I drove the truck out of alignment for a short time. It was enough to wear the tire unevenly. So when it was aligned and going straight it was causing vibration for me. Just make sure they are balanced.

Most likely uneven tire wear or out of balance. Sometimes it's hard to balance larger tires.

I had my 2nd re-alignment done last then a week…The Alignment shop has a 6 months warranty..and I can go back almost any time with-in 6 months..(NO additional cost). I will go back again before my 6 months is up…since it was just lifted …not even a month..I am sure the whole suspension will settle…a bit..

Funny thing is just moving the driver side forward…most of the rubbing on the passenger side seems to have disappear? and I had never gotten any tire rubs on the driver side since my CMC..
Still I need to test my truck on rougher trails… Hope it does NOT tub ..?
Aloha,

Last edited by a moderator:
Back