Clazzio heated seats

• Hello, visitor! Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a resource for 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma owners.

Tacoma3G is a friendly community dedicated to 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and Overland Enthusiasts. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

JamesR913

✓ • Gold
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Color
Cement
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
#1,512
I just ordered heated seats kit 2 from clazzio and wanted to get a little ahead of the game. My Tacoma has the tech package so all of the switch plates in the center console are filled, where do you guys recommend putting the heated seat switches? I have an empty plate to the left of the drivers side and that would work for my seat but not the passenger seat. I also considered putting both switches in the the cubby to the left of the steering wheel but then my way few would have to ask me to turn her seat on all the time. Is there any other place I am not thinking? Has anyone else put these in and where did you put the switch?

ShikyoX

✓ • Diamond
Tacoma3G Supporter
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Color
Magnetic Gray
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
I just ordered heated seats kit 2 from clazzio and wanted to get a little ahead of the game. My Tacoma has the tech package so all of the switch plates in the center console are filled, where do you guys recommend putting the heated seat switches? I have an empty plate to the left of the drivers side and that would work for my seat but not the passenger seat. I also considered putting both switches in the the cubby to the left of the steering wheel but then my way few would have to ask me to turn her seat on all the time. Is there any other place I am not thinking? Has anyone else put these in and where did you put the switch?
Can y0u post a pic of the switch with a size comparison

JamesR913

✓ • Gold
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Color
Cement
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
#1,512
1546881448407.png

Dont have any pictures for comparison

Tyler

✓ • Mythical
Badministrator
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
I’m not sure if they are too big for this, but maybe on the side of the center console under the lid? Or on the side of the cup holders next to the wireless charging area?

JamesR913

✓ • Gold
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Color
Cement
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
#1,512
I’m not sure if they are too big for this, but maybe on the side of the center console under the lid? Or on the side of the cup holders next to the wireless charging area?

I saw on the other forum where someone had the smaller switches installed on the center console just behind the Qi charging pad. I think these bigger switches might work there but not sure.

ShikyoX

✓ • Diamond
Tacoma3G Supporter
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Color
Magnetic Gray
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Center console side shifter area, do you have crawl control or empty sunglass pocket?

JamesR913

✓ • Gold
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Color
Cement
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
#1,512
I have crawl control but I don't want to run the wires up to the roof. Seems like much more work than I want to do to a truck with less than 1000 miles

ShikyoX

✓ • Diamond
Tacoma3G Supporter
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Color
Magnetic Gray
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
I hear yay if you have crawl control then all the space is allocated up there . I've personally been looking at the sides of were your wireless charge is the 2 silver parts of the center console going up , I've been thinking of some switches up there

JamesR913

✓ • Gold
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Color
Cement
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
#1,512
Was thinking about this spot here, is that what you were talking about?
IMG_20190108_054551.jpg

Tyler

✓ • Mythical
Badministrator
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member

Kjake

✓ • Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Upvotes Recieved
T3G Member
#2,058
Here's what I did. I bought a switch panel from Meso Customs that has openings for seven switches plus the power (lighter) outlet. I put the heater switches in there with the others and turned on the Qi charger and left it on behind the dash. So far it's been perfect and looks factory.

Bambam07

✓ • Bronze
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Color
Silver Sky
Truck Grade
Sport
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Manual
T3G Member
#2,053
How hard is this install? I did see someone install switches inside center console

Tyler

✓ • Mythical
Badministrator
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Here's what I did. I bought a switch panel from Meso Customs that has openings for seven switches plus the power (lighter) outlet. I put the heater switches in there with the others and turned on the Qi charger and left it on behind the dash. So far it's been perfect and looks factory.
That sounds pretty good. You have any photos of it?

JamesR913

✓ • Gold
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Color
Cement
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
#1,512
Here's the picture with Meso Customs switch panel installed with the seat heater switches.

IMG_0785.jpg
Did you have to modify the surrounding area? How much disassembly was need to change out that panel?

Tyler

✓ • Mythical
Badministrator
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Here's the picture with Meso Customs switch panel installed with the seat heater switches.

IMG_0785.jpg
I’ve never seen these before. This is definitely the route I’d go, they look amazing.

JamesR913

✓ • Gold
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Color
Cement
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
#1,512
I am starting to lean towards putting the switches on the seat base down by the seat adjustment lever. My only hesitation is i got the ones with the dial and not the 3 position switch so it will be hard to tell what the setting is without being able to see the switch.

Kjake

✓ • Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Upvotes Recieved
T3G Member
#2,058
The install of the lower switch panel from Meso Customs is pretty involved. You have to take quite a bit of stuff off to get to the area. Then, you have to cut put the old panel area and use JB WELD or something similar to attach the new switch panel. There is a really good Youtube video that shows the process of removal step by step here:

There are some pics on Meso Custom's that show what has to be cut out to install the panel.

IMG_0063.JPG

JamesR913

✓ • Gold
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Color
Cement
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
#1,512
The install of the lower switch panel from Meso Customs is pretty involved. You have to take quite a bit of stuff off to get to the area. Then, you have to cut put the old panel area and use JB WELD or something similar to attach the new switch panel. There is a really good Youtube video that shows the process of removal step by step here:

There are some pics on Meso Custom's that show what has to be cut out to install the panel.

IMG_0063.JPG
Just watched that video, great find, thanks. I have to say though after watching that....F THAT!

Top Bottom