• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Pre-Purchase Question Clamps for Canopy, Camper Shell, Cap, Lid, Shell...whatever you call them in your region.

RevN3

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month (2x)
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Blazing Blue Pearl
Sooooo. I've got a Snugtop Rebel and It has the 6 built in clamps but they are not sufficient for what I'm doing and I'd like to buy 4 additional clamps (two for the front rail and 2 for the sides) but I'm not having much luck finding something that will fit.

I got these and they just didn't fit:

And I'm looking at these but the reviews say they don't go deep enough to grab the rail correctly:

This one seems to be to short for the Gen3s but someone showed in the reviews that they have a larger size that does work but there is no link:

Does anyone have a link to something similar that works on the Gen3s?

Last edited:
I have 2019 Tacoma long bed with a newer Leer camper…I also wanted to add more clamps, (clamps to rails …
The Leer camper only comes with 4 special hook points (extended out for the bolts). Wish there were a more simple clamping additions ..NOT like the older metal bed models..where you can bolt to bed or add as many. Clamps as you wanted…
Composite bed has its advantages…and negatives…
My son wanted a pipe rack, the Thule system..seems to alway shake loose while off roading,…
I found one company that makes a pipe racks for the 3gen Tacoma..that actually bolts to the bed frame..
When you add the cost and shipping …NOT worth-it..Hawaii…
Good luck hope you find what you are looking for..!
Aloha

Hmmmm....looks like I'm going down to the canopy store then

Sooooo. I've got a Snugtop Rebel and It has the 6 built in clamps but they are not sufficient for what I'm doing and I'd like to buy 4 additional clamps (two for the front rail and 2 for the sides) but I'm not having much luck finding something that will fit.

I got these and they just didn't fit:

And I'm looking at these but the reviews say they don't go deep enough to grab the rail correctly:

This one seems to be to short for the Gen3s but someone showed in the reviews that they have a larger size that does work but there is no link:

Does anyone have a link to something similar that works on the Gen3s?
For what it's worth that last link is what my used ARE came with (only 4, unfortunately) and they seem fine. I did order another 4 of what looks like link #2 but haven't tried them yet.

Back