• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Camper / Month long trip (Calling out to everyone)

MJ'sTacoma

5️⃣ Platinum
Rig of the Month (2x)
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2018 SR5 DCSB Auto
Barcelona Red
So I've come up with this idea to build a GFC type camper. But that wouldn't be such a great idea since I'm stuck in Florida.
So I set a goal for myself to have the camper done by the end of the winter and plan a month long trip next summer. hopefully to reach the other side of the country.

I need some people to suggest some spots to drop by on the way there.

I will be updating this thread periodically to update anyone interested.
Camper build is set to start somewhere in mid September!

https://www.gaiagps.com/ is like $40 a year I think. It'll show you every hiking / camping / off road trail there is across the whole country. We were going to do the trip from west to east when my build is done so we started mapping it out. You can use google maps to see how long each leg of the trip might and determine where you can get to by when. That will help you pick spots. From Florida I've driven up to North Carolina and from there you could head straight west as there's going to be trails in every state across the middle of the country. Pick some spots you want to see and map it out. You'll have plenty of time to figure out your fuel stops, rest stops and camp spots. We also got a national parks annual pass so we wouldn't have to worry about paying / parking when we get to places. Good luck! Build your own adventure :)

As stated above Gaia gps is a great tool to have. Go check out a channel on YouTube called venture4wd. It’s a guy who lives in his Jeep full time that has traveled all over the northern us. He’s been to a ton of amazing spots and I think his videos would give you some great ideas of places to go. I got addicted and started looking into wedge style campers myself 😅

I have the GAIA app and i pay for it, Its probably a good idea to plan the route and just follow it.
Thanks!

Back