• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Cab Mount Chop or Relocation

Battlebornoverlander

5️⃣ Platinum
Reaction score
Website
battlebornoverlander.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Inferno
Hey guys/gals . Just purchased Icon Stage 9 Suspension, Method Racing 315 Wheels and Falken Wildpeak 315/75R16 At3W tires.
Im looking to get a Cab mount or Relocation ( looking at the kit from Alpine Designs ) I am in the Reno NV area . Any recommended shops , tips . So far 4 Wheel Parts and custom truck say it is out of there Wheel house.

Thanks for any tips or info.

94951ECB-1746-4CC7-854D-1A8D22B14058.jpeg

I think you need to consider all the information before doing the relocate. That mount serves as more than just a body mount, it is beef and big for a reason. It is part of the cab protection design for front end impacts, aka, to keep the front end out of the wheel well and from smashing your legs. I understand cutting back the size of bracket near the wheel well to eliminate rub, however, it should be beefed up, and at the very least boxed in, to maintain a level of protection for the occupants.
IMHO YMMV

Go to Relentless Fabrication, buy their Cab Mount Chop plates and have them install them for you. Eric is a great guy, does great work and you will be super happy with anything you get from them. I have their CMC on my rig. If you wanna meet up and check it out, let me know.

www.relentlessfabrication.com

I think you need to consider all the information before doing the relocate. That mount serves as more than just a body mount, it is beef and big for a reason. It is part of the cab protection design for front end impacts, aka, to keep the front end out of the wheel well and from smashing your legs. I understand cutting back the size of bracket near the wheel well to eliminate rub, however, it should be beefed up, and at the very least boxed in, to maintain a level of protection for the occupants.
IMHO YMMV
Completely agree about a relocation kit.
Go to Relentless Fabrication, buy their Cab Mount Chop plates and have them install them for you. Eric is a great guy, does great work and you will be super happy with anything you get from them. I have their CMC on my rig. If you wanna meet up and check it out, let me know.

www.relentlessfabrication.com
Yup! Since you’re near them, I would definitely go to @Relentless Fabrication and have them do it for you. Then you’ll also have the peace of mind that it was done by people who know exactly what they’re doing and not a random metal shop that “will see what the can come up with” or something half-assed.

Thanks Guys for the info. I did reach out to them and they no longer do it . They will only do the work if they are installing a new Bumper. Project Recons Rig is pretty sick. But I did find a shop called Street to Sand offroad and performance. They do the CMC and charge $300. Guy was super cool and sounds like they know what they are doing. So I think I will give them a shot.

Thanks Guys for the info. I did reach out to them and they no longer do it . They will only do the work if they are installing a new Bumper. Project Recons Rig is pretty sick. But I did find a shop called Street to Sand offroad and performance. They do the CMC and charge $300. Guy was super cool and sounds like they know what they are doing. So I think I will give them a shot.
Shop around a bit. If you can find competent folks for a better price id recommend it, thats a bit steep for 1.5hr of work

What is the going rate ? Another shop quoted me $380
Find shop rates, what they charge for the filler/or if you are supplying them ($30), and then their time to complete it. most shop rates are roughly $100/hr. So they are saying to pull two tires, torch roughly 1.5 linear feet, prep, weld, smooth, and paint, it takes them about 4 hours.
Depends on your market, availability, and all that jazz, but in CO, most folks dont pay over $200.
YMMV.

Find shop rates, what they charge for the filler/or if you are supplying them ($30), and then their time to complete it. most shop rates are roughly $100/hr. So they are saying to pull two tires, torch roughly 1.5 linear feet, prep, weld, smooth, and paint, it takes them about 4 hours.
Depends on your market, availability, and all that jazz, but in CO, most folks dont pay over $200.
YMMV.
10-4 Thank you very much for your help. Greatly appreciated .

10-4 Thank you very much for your help. Greatly appreciated .
Not sure if you’d be willing to drive to SoCal for this (might even be more $$ in gas than it’s worth), but @DrWeld does them for everyone in that area. He did mine and he does a great job. He won’t overcharge you but I understand if SoCal is too far away.

Not sure if you’d be willing to drive to SoCal for this (might even be more $$ in gas than it’s worth), but @DrWeld does them for everyone in that area. He did mine and he does a great job. He won’t overcharge you but I understand if SoCal is too far away.

Sounds like a good excuse to go to LA where the weather is warmer.......just sayin, Disneyland, Magic Mountain, the beach, good food........

YMMV.
Imma remember this when I come to Colorado. I’m knocking on your door lol

Back