• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Buying a Pro Without Paying the Market Value Adjustment Fee - Realistic?

Andre5

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Does anybody have any tips/strategies/practices for purchasing a Toyota without paying the MVA Fee, or, at the very least, negotiating the figure as low as possible. Is it realistic to think that I can accomplish this with a 2020 TRD Pro purchase?

Gotta be willing to travel I'd guess. Start with the closest dealer that has what you like and if they won't deal, move on. At some point I'd think you'd find someone that would work with you

Just depends on timing and how soon you plan on getting the truck. The closer to the end of the year for 2020, the better. Obviously, because they want to make room for 2021 trucks. I was able to get my 2018 Pro without MVA in June end of July - I think by that time, all the dealerships around me had at least 2-3 sitting on their lots.

Edit: I mean end of July.

My $0.02 is - if you’re looking to get the Army Green 2020 Pro I can bet you will have a very difficult time finding a dealership who will work with you very much on price. That color is going to be super sought after (I assume) and the dealerships will all know that. If you just want a Pro and don’t care about the color you’ll likely have better luck getting a white or black Pro for a better price, or buying a 2019 Voodoo blue Pro still on the lot. Or if you’re super sold on the green then maybe wait until 2021 and get a TRD OR in green

Back