• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Bumper Cost Comparison

Unless 10 people order one, Relentless ain’t doing the hoops for me anyway. :(
If you really want tail light hoops, order the HC bumper you want and take it to a local shop and have them weld hoops on.

Relentless is going to charge you $175 for powdercoat, that's probably the same cost a local shop would charge you.

If you really want tail light hoops, order the HC bumper you want and take it to a local shop and have them weld hoops on.

Relentless is going to charge you $175 for powdercoat, that's probably the same cost a local shop would charge you.

This, we have a ton of customer customized bumpers out there including the front bumpers as well (integrated front hitch, extra supports for the front hoops, etc.)

That sucks! What's the deal? They bend tubes in bulk or something? :rolleyes:

Yes haha. If they do it in house it sucks to set everything up to do one bumper. Their tubing stuff is probably all set up for sliders and hoops. Time is money, and the industry is in decline, so no time is wasted that doesnt have to be haha

Yes haha. If they do it in house it sucks to set everything up to do one bumper. Their tubing stuff is probably all set up for sliders and hoops. Time is money, and the industry is in decline, so no time is wasted that doesnt have to be haha
I totally get that, but they should probably do those options as a group buy exclusive or something rather than listing it as an option on the website. Another alternative would be to sub out a 3rd party shop to bend enough tubes for a few bumpers at a time and increase the cost of the option accordingly as we do in my line of work quite often.

Not bashing Relentless or anything, maybe that's business as usual in the industry... I just think there could be better ways of handling it. It's kinda crappy to tell a customer who wants to order a $1,500 bumper that's listed on the website he needs to wait for 9 more people to order the exact same thing or he's SOL.

I totally get that, but they should probably do those options as a group buy exclusive or something rather than listing it as an option on the website. Another alternative would be to sub out a 3rd party shop to bend enough tubes for a few bumpers at a time and increase the cost of the option accordingly as we do in my line of work quite often.

Not bashing Relentless or anything, maybe that's business as usual in the industry... I just think there could be better ways of handling it. It's kinda crappy to tell a customer who wants to order a $1,500 bumper that's listed on the website he needs to wait for 9 more people to order the exact same thing or he's SOL.

I understand your point and agree. That is why we dont offer it and they should not either if they arent going to hold up to doing it. Outsourcing doesnt save any money for us so I doubt it does for them. Our fabricators already know how to set up everything and get it done quickly whereas even though it is just tubing, another shop may not do it nearly as fast and it might not be done the first time, ask me how I know haha. With material increases and just for all of us to stay competitive we as an industry are making very little on anything and to add more cost to something isnt an option unless it cannot be avoided. They should just not offer it if they are not going to do it.

I understand your point and agree. That is why we dont offer it and they should not either if they arent going to hold up to doing it. Outsourcing doesnt save any money for us so I doubt it does for them. Our fabricators already know how to set up everything and get it done quickly whereas even though it is just tubing, another shop may not do it nearly as fast and it might not be done the first time, ask me how I know haha. With material increases and just for all of us to stay competitive we as an industry are making very little on anything and to add more cost to something isnt an option unless it cannot be avoided. They should just not offer it if they are not going to do it.
Agreed 100%. And yeah, with steel prices the way they are right now I'm sure every fabricator in the country is just scraping by hoping that things settle down so they don't have to jack prices up to maintain reasonable profit margins.

Alright Mike, I’m counting on you to protect my ass now. That being said, hurry up!!

I checked prices today, 24 Aug 2018, and have updated accordingly. Not many places have increased even with tariffs in effect - this may change later.

The tubing is a limited edition option. We did one run of 10 when we first came up with it and we mock up each one directly on a truck to ensure a perfect fit. This makes the process of adding the tubing labor intensive and not worth doing for one bumper here or there which is why we said we wanted another group of 10 to offer the tubing again. The tubing is not shown as an option or mentioned on our website. The bumper without the tubing is available to order anytime.

We build everything in house. Cutting and bending tubing is a day to day task in the shop and is no problem for us. It is mocking it up on a truck that becomes the issue for the limited edition tubing.

We don't take any orders for the limited edition tubing until we actually have a pool of enough interested people so no one is left in the dark wondering when their bumper is going to be made.

The tubing is a limited edition option. We did one run of 10 when we first came up with it and we mock up each one directly on a truck to ensure a perfect fit. This makes the process of adding the tubing labor intensive and not worth doing for one bumper here or there which is why we said we wanted another group of 10 to offer the tubing again. The tubing is not shown as an option or mentioned on our website. The bumper without the tubing is available to order anytime.

We build everything in house. Cutting and bending tubing is a day to day task in the shop and is no problem for us. It is mocking it up on a truck that becomes the issue for the limited edition tubing.

We don't take any orders for the limited edition tubing until we actually have a pool of enough interested people so no one is left in the dark wondering when their bumper is going to be made.
Thanks for clearing that up, I assumed it was an option listed on the site by the way the post was worded.

You got it! We are starting to see more interest come in so don't give up! I will note you down though. Can you DM me your phone number and email information?

Thanks!
So with the downfall of orders and refunds from pelfrey, looks like you’re going to have a high demand for armor. That being said my buddy tom and I who payed for pelfrey would love to grab a rear high clearance with swing arm and tubing, I want to grab a predator front bumper as well with light bar and whinch which I dm’ed you guys a while back about but I’m just waiting on that PayPal refund.

So with the downfall of orders and refunds from pelfrey, looks like you’re going to have a high demand for armor. That being said my buddy tom and I who payed for pelfrey would love to grab a rear high clearance with swing arm and tubing, I want to grab a predator front bumper as well with light bar and whinch which I dm’ed you guys a while back about but I’m just waiting on that PayPal refund.

You got it! Feel free to send a DM on here with your name, email, and phone number and I will get you added to the list of potential interest for the rear with tubing.

I’m surprised Brute Force Fab is not listed on the chart.
There site doesn't list or show any pictures of their stuff mounted on any third gen. If you have pics or can get verification from Brute Force that they'll fit I'll gladly add them. They seem like a decently priced vendor.

Hey Guys, Billy with Brute Force here. We are in the process of building a new website which should be finished within the next couple months. There's quite a few pics on my Instagram (bruteforcefab) of my 3rd gen rear bumpers and I'm in the process of a redesign on the fronts.
IMG_1284~photo.JPG
IMG_2268~photo.JPG

Hey Guys, Billy with Brute Force here. We are in the process of building a new website which should be finished within the next couple months. There's quite a few pics on my Instagram (bruteforcefab) of my 3rd gen rear bumpers and I'm in the process of a redesign on the fronts.
IMG_1284~photo.JPG
IMG_2268~photo.JPG
Awesome!

IMG_1284~photo.JPG
IMG_2268~photo.JPG

Just let me know and I'll add you to the bumper list. I've added you to the slider cost, I just need to upload it.

Back