• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Build plan, 3 stages over three years

Biohazard

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 Pro DCSB Auto
White
Evening guys,
Moving in 15 days, starting my build while getting started at a new job in TN. Will have one weekend every 2 months or so for installation and ongoing exploring. Trying to map out a build so I don’t waste installation time, with time being the major poverty component. Also recognizing my kids are 4, 3, and 1, and I won’t be doing epic overlanding trips for another 2-3 years.

Build goals:
-exploring (with hiking, kayaking and camping) the southeast now, and west in a few years when my kids are older
-hunting support (whitetail primarily)

Stage 1:
-Hidden winch mount (cbi)
-smittybilt h2o 10k winch with synthetic rope
-bfg ko2 285/70/17
-front bumper viper cut (use heat gun to keep bulk of stock splash guard)
-Leitner designs Bed rack system with XL box, 2 universal mounts, bed frame reinforcement
-victory 4x4 molle center console mounts
-side steps (Cali? Cbi?)

Stage 2:
-cab up roof rack (prinsu?)
-roof top tent (iKamper?)
-arb air compressor (engine mount)
-exterior lighting
-electronic switch manifold
-hydraulic bump stops

Stage 3:
-front and rear bumpers
-cmc mount cut/relocation
-Icon 2 inch lift with cdc shocks
-35’s
-total chaos frame stiffening
-rear spare tire relocation and replacement with fuel cell

Last edited:
If you're going to do those 285/70/17s you're going to need that cab mount chop and lift sooner than you think. Sounds like it's going to be a good build!

Back