• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Blinker Fluid

MJ'sTacoma

5️⃣ Platinum
Rig of the Month (2x)
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2018 SR5 DCSB Auto
Barcelona Red
Anyone else experience condensation inside their headlights? I believe it is cause by an aftermarket bumper hitting the blastic bumper, cracking the seal on the headlight assembly.

Ive gone through 2 sets of headlights now, buying a third set pretty soon, any actual solutions?
How much gap should I have?
Body mount bushings? Maybe?

I need help lol

Anyone else experience condensation inside their headlights? I believe it is cause by an aftermarket bumper hitting the blastic bumper, cracking the seal on the headlight assembly.

Ive gone through 2 sets of headlights now, buying a third set pretty soon, any actual solutions?
How much gap should I have?
Body mount bushings? Maybe?

I need help lol
Drill a small hole in a dependent portion of the casing (the one that currently has the condensation). It'll allow the water to escape out, and get rid of the condensation. Not a perfect solution, as your light will not be as water proof, but it'll get rid of the condensation.

oh yeah...i have the same issue and its from the aftermarket bumpers flexing against the body and cracking the seal of the headlights. Ive broken almost all the mounts on the my stock headlights and they both leak (Jumping the truck may have attributed to this :p ). Ive got close to 3/4" now to allow room for the bumper to flex, at full stuff the bumper is about 1/8" away from the bodywork now. I put in different body mounts in the front too (Energy suspension) and that seamed to help a little bit.

Awesome!
Drill a small hole in a dependent portion of the casing (the one that currently has the condensation). It'll allow the water to escape out, and get rid of the condensation. Not a perfect solution, as your light will not be as water proof, but it'll get rid of the condensation.
oh yeah...i have the same issue and its from the aftermarket bumpers flexing against the body and cracking the seal of the headlights. Ive broken almost all the mounts on the my stock headlights and they both leak (Jumping the truck may have attributed to this :p ). Ive got close to 3/4" now to allow room for the bumper to flex, at full stuff the bumper is about 1/8" away from the bodywork now. I put in different body mounts in the front too (Energy suspension) and that seamed to help a little bit.

Back