• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Bilstein 5/6 or 5/4

L

Lava road

possibly a ghost :(
I wish I could compare the rides and height? I order them thru Shock Suplus…We talk a bit…but never about the difference of adjustments compare between 5/6 vs 5/4 and I wanted the max height…never realizing about the ride? Because I cannot compare…the two..I have to say ..I don’t mind the ride…at the 5/6 settings…
I have seen just a few stories of those who those who were able to compare? The higher the settings , the more compress the springs , the rougher the ride..was mention…they mention the 5/4 was better?
What is your thoughts? Should I go back to my mechanic $$…to a lower settings? Maybe for a more comfortable ride? Like I mention , I don’t mind the ride now , but the thought of more comfortable..is interesting? Will it be that different? UM?
Aloha

Don't think you'll notice much of a difference. Also depends on weight. Does it sit level and how you like it now? Have a front bumper? Anything that adds weight to the front?

Sits very level…but I wish the back was 1-2 inches hirer….when I do load the truck (camping gear) …the truck may sit more level..and because it is a long bed…going off road ..it may not hang as low..when loaded..

For now I will keep my settings…
Once own air adjustable Rancho 9000 shocks…you could adjust the setting 1-9 , inside dial in the truck cab …while driving..just the O-ring leaks was too much…

Can not wait for electronic control adjustable shocks ,in the cab adjustable…shocks…once you experience these…WOW…you will be able to dial in and feel how each settings feel..instead of climbing in and out every time..
Aloha

Sits very level…but I wish the back was 1-2 inches hirer….when I do load the truck (camping gear) …the truck may sit more level..and because it is a long bed…going off road ..it may not hang as low..when loaded..

Once own air adjustable Rancho 9000 shocks…you could adjust the setting 1-9 , inside dial in the truck cab …while driving..just the O-ring leaks was too much…

Can not wait for electronic control adjustable shocks ,in the cab adjustable…shocks…once you experience these…WOW…you will be able to dial in and feel how each settings feel..instead of climbing in and out every time..
Aloha
Icon makes these, though it doesn't adjust ride height, just rebound rates.

I am sure one day we will see these adjustable shocks for a lot different vehicles…and in the cab..dial in shocks…for sports, off roading, sand , rocks, highways, etc… like the crawl controls….
Everyone will be able to dial the comfort zone they like… kinda like how many beds made today ..have soft to firm …dial controls…
Will our truck seats..be dial in for soft to firm too…?
Nice to see many electric trucks ..like the Rivian & Hummer..have push button lifts ..I think Jeep Cherokee once try them before?
We may even see rear steering too..be common?
In the cab adjustable shock absorbers…? Hopefully the future of this ..? Will be soon?
Aloha

Aloha
You could just grab a leaf pack for the rear and call it a day.

Did the Add-a-Leaf thing after putting a Go Fast Camper on my Tacoma Off Road short bed. Looks great, keeps the butt up.

I did put a Icon 1.5 add add lift spring w/ 5160’s…added higher bumb stop..May change to sumos? Leers fiberglass camper..rock sliders, trailer hitch slider..truck sits level..
When camping/fishing trips loads over several hundred pounds…bed does sag..
Sometimes I need to mill some coffee ..carrying 500-800 lbs..sags…long bed …

I got a spring helper..but goes on top..? Does not fit well…because shocks , one inside of axle, one outside axle..creating a fit problem…I could put one helper in front of spring and the other back of spring..? But May look weird?
Thanks & Aloha

Back