• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

bigger tires

TMAC

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2022 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Lunar Rock
i just bought a 2022 tacoma trd off road lunar gray has stock 16 rims and 265/70R16 tires. i want bigger more agressive tire but like the stock rims. what tires can i put with a leveling kit? probably go with a 2" front 1" rear ??

Attachments

• 2022 tacoma.jpg
    2022 tacoma.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 59
With the stock 7" offroad wheels I wouldn't go wider than than the 265 to avoid debeading, but it's common to go taller with a 75 series tire to gain an an inch. (from a 30.6" tire to a 31.6" tire).

Overall tire size would be 265/75R16 in that case.

I'd also level the front first and then see if the rear needs to come up unless you also want the rear raised. Taller tires will make the truck look bigger.

Coilovers are nice because you can dial in the exact height / rake you want, but with spacers you're at the mercy of their thickness. On this truck a 1" spacer over the spring hat will give you 2" of lift.

Last edited:
With the stock 7" offroad wheels I wouldn't go wider than than the 265 to avoid debeading, but it's common to go taller with a 75 series tire to gain an an inch. (from a 30.6" tire to a 31.6" tire).

Overall tire size would be 265/75R16 in that case.

I'd also level the front first and then see if the rear needs to come up unless you also want the rear raised. Taller tires will make the truck look bigger.

Coilovers are nice because you can dial in the exact height / rake you want, but with spacers you're at the mercy of their thickness. On this truck a 1" spacer over the spring hat will give you 2" of lift.
thanks for the info!!!

There’s a ton of additional info in this thread too (which corroborates @drizzoh ‘s recommendation):

Back