• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Best Dash board covers-materials?

L

Lava road

possibly a ghost :(
I just saw a article of 2007-2013 Nissan Altimas & Maximax having melted / goo like dashboards, thousands of complaints…..
Glad Toyotas do not have this problem..

There are so many choices of materials for dash board covers…are they worth getting? Worth putting on and what materials / fabric would be best for Tacomas?
I am having a hard time if I should get one, Hawaii shoreline fisherman, lots of bright sunny (hot) days..
Aloha

It just happens to a lot of vehicles. Keep it clean and you shouldn't have that issue.
I'm sure the ones that got nasty used the wrong cleaner and it ate away at the surface causing that.

I think a performance dash cover would add at least 10hp, and improve gas mileage by 2mpg.

Guessing most of you above….Don’t think dash covers are a thing to add on….
I will need to research this further…pros and cons?
Thanks always guys…
Aloha

Dash covers I really don't think are needed. My dad and I have been in the car business for about 30 years, and after the 70's-early 90's dashes passed, I haven't seen a dash that need a cover. Unless you're dumping ammonia on your dash every 2 days (that is, washing your windows with windex), it should be fine even in extreme heat.

Back