• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Berserker__taco build thread

Berserker__taco

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2019 SR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Figured I'd start a thread to keep track of my build as it progresses.

2019 Tacoma SR

First mod was a ARB Summit Bumper. A couple weeks into owning the truck the paranoia of driving my rural roads in October got the better of me so I purchased the bumper to protect the truck from all the kamikaze deer this time of year.
Install took a full day, about 7 hours of actual work. Instructions are garbage from ARB. Also all the hardware is just thrown into one giant ziplock. If you take this on yourself be sure to read the instructions multiple times. I also sat down in the livingroom with a bolt gauge to separate, measure, and bag all bolts and nuts before starting. That was a huge time saver while working.
20191021_210011.jpg
20191030_120216.jpg
20191030_231409.jpg
20191030_231355.jpg

Last edited:
OME medium duty lift has been installed. Quick and simple. Alignment was painless. The Dakar leaf packs are stout and should be plenty once the rack is in. Hopefully I dont aquire the squeaky spring as some people get with them. Rides smooth. The 235/85-16 tires fir well but need paired down to get the comfort level back. Next mod is a set of STEDI lights and a Trigger Accessories 4 way remote relay. Have the relay box just waiting on the lights now.
20191204_143141.jpg

I love that bumper and considering how big ARB are, I'm surprised their instructions were so bad. I looks good on your truck and I actually dig those stock wheels. Do your leaf packs squeak yet?

I love that bumper and considering how big ARB are, I'm surprised their instructions were so bad. I looks good on your truck and I actually dig those stock wheels. Do your leaf packs squeak yet?
These leaf packs just started squeaking. Its driving me insane. Need to find a cure asap lol

These leaf packs just started squeaking. Its driving me insane. Need to find a cure asap lol
Yup, it drove me insane too.

I know people use fluid film and such, but that tends to only be a temporary fix.

Putting bicycle tubes in between each leaf is a better way to do it, IMO, however, I believe there would still be squeaking coming from the shackle bushings, and for that, there isn't really a fix, except to try a different brand of bushing (maybe).

Sounds like I should just sell them and throw some Deavers on there. Know anyone who needs some Dakar springs with only 2k miles on them? Lol

Sounds like I should just sell them and throw some Deavers on there. Know anyone who needs some Dakar springs with only 2k miles on them? Lol
Lol, you're probably right. Or, the ones from @DobinsonsUSA, which don't seem to squeak either.

You can post them for sale on here. Someone will probably buy them. I already sold mine and they were pretty abused. https://tacoma3g.com/marketplace/

It's been a minute since I've updated this thread. The rig is transforming and life is busy.
Finally got my lights from STEDI in Australia. A pair of Type X Soprt 8.5" for the bumper and a pair of C4 Black Edition for the ditch lights. Got the ditch brackets from @CaliRaisedLED as an early Father's Day gift.
20200608_165837.jpg

20200528_130354.jpg

Nabbed a Trigger Accessory 4 to run everything. Super clean and easy setup. No holes in the firewall. The remote has zero delay. Havent used the app on my phone to run them yet.
20200429_185605.jpg
20200608_165557.jpg

Also swapped out the factory steel wheels with the 235/85-16's for a set of Black Rhino Bantam 16x8 -10 and 255/85-16 Cooper SST Max tires. They fit great paired with the OME lift and give it a more burly look. That poke is killing the paint job though with rocks.
20200608_165815.jpg

I also nabbed a CB antenna from GME Australia. I know a lot of people a forgoing the CB but I like having it in a rig. Just waiting for my center console molle to show up from @Victory4x4 so I can get my Uniden hooked up.
20200608_165833.jpg

Latest piece was the @Victory4x4 bed rack. I love the thing. Super easy setup and its stout. There was a mix up with some parts but they are working on it. I recieved a full size headache rack and Chevy Colorado console molle. I'll have those in as soon as they get here.I wired the rack with some work lights I also got from STEDI and used corrugated plastic cardboard to hide the wires in the channel tracks. Then slapped a set of Maxtrax MKII on their board mounts.
20200608_165704.jpg
20200608_165622.jpg

20200608_165757.jpg

Next up is a roof top tent. Should be here by the end of the week. Looking to test it all in the Outer Banks on the 4th. Then a big trip to Colorado and Moab when the little lady and I get married.

Last edited:
Added the tent today. I got it from Overland Vehichle Systems. It's a Nomadic 2 model. I've neve hear much about them but it seemed like a solid tent for the money. We didnt want to sink a ton into it as we are eventually going to move to a hard shell.
20200615_202528.jpg

A few more additions to the rig.

I got tired of busting my knees and not having a flat tailgate surface. Installed a flat panel made by Snailarmor. One of the easiest and most convenient upgrades.
20200727_152434.jpg

Also added a pair of rotopax, finished fabing a mount for the camp shower, and made a cheap shovel mount.
20200813_183805.jpg
20200808_211150.jpg

Lastly I made a DIY inflate deflate system.
20200729_201520.jpg

It's been 2 years since I updated this. Some things have changed.

After 50k miles the Old Man Emu lift had taken a beating and was getting tired. More weight has been added and the Dakar leaf packs were sagging as well so I decided to swap out the whole suspension. I went with Fox 2.5 Performance Elite front and rear with Dirt King UCA and Deaver Expedition Stage 3 packs. This has proven a great upgrade so far and I'm actually comfortable driving now.
20220724_134836.jpg
20220724_122233.jpg

I swapped out the Victory bed rack and softshell tent for a second hand RSI Smart Cap and a clamshell from Area BFE. I wanted more security and dry storage. So far I love this cap. The tent is way heavier but much faster to setup. The rack is going to be transferred to a trailer along with the OVS Nomadic 2 soft shell RTT.
20220620_170600.jpg

Next were the RRW rock sliders I got from the group buy last summer. Didnt have a chance to install them until a week ago. Coated them with acid etch primer then Raptor Liner. They bolted right up with no problems. Liner turned out great as well. Havent had a chance to beat on them yet.
20220801_112645.jpg
20220813_082616.jpg

And last but not least... as of this morning the truck is part of the 5.29 club. I swapped out the factory gears for Nitro 5.29s and added a Harrop E Locker. The parts had been sitting in my shop for over a year and I finally found a place to install them 1.5 hours away. My wife was a good sport shuttling me around for pickup and patiently waiting for me to get home after midnight last night while i drove home performing cooling cycles lol.
20220813_083146.jpg

Back