• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Beep to Horn.

Ezzra

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
I would like to upgrade the door lock sound from a "beep" sound to the horn like many other vehicles use. Anyone done this?

Wouldn't let it out if I knew :) keeps it quiet on the trail and in the woods.
I've been trying to figure out how to turn off all the "beeps!"

The beeper should be in front of your battery, small gray box, you could disconnect it and splice it to trip a relay and then add in a new horn opposite of the factory location. The factory wires would go to terminal 85 and 86, and then you would put fused 12v to terminal 30 and the horn wire would be on terminal 87, the ground for the horn would be at the horn mount

I was looking into something similar a while back. The small gray box Boghog1 is talking about is super tiny for how loud it is. I'd love to have options to put in another sound. Like the traditional "chirp chirp" or better yet "MOOOOOO!" I really like the idea of my truck mooing. Not sure if that functionality is without the range for a Piezoelectric speaker

Back