• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Bed Stiffener

CapnJack

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 TRD OR DCSB Manual
White
So with a Ladder Rack installed I would assume it would prevent the bed sidewalls from moving side to side.
Would bed stiffeners be of any use here. Am I missing something?
Pic1.jpg

My 2cents. Since the height of that rack where the cross support is, the bed can still come out of square with a bit of load or impact.

For example, if the cross bars were down at the attachment point, right at top of bed rails, it would protect it more but still not 100% as the bottom is still unprotected and can collapse with a harder impact or uneven load.

Bed stiffeners are important for the structural support of the sides at the most critical area, the bottom.

Will that rack help, yes. Will you ever actually need bed stiffeners? Maybe. Just be smart about the load on the rack.

Stiffeners are one of those things that should have come with the truck. Like Android Auto or a back seat power bank. They are reasonable priced and good insurance.

My thought on stiffeners was $100-$175 bucks to never have to worry at all. Worth it in my opinion. Also go with total chaos they seemed to be the best when I asked around

Stiffeners for 120 buck and no worries!

Back