• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

bed lighting kit

JCC

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
one question is if there is a conflict with having the bed lighting kit as well as the tailgate lock kit?

any pros/cons or aftermarket kit that is better?

PT857-35200​

1693333428298.jpeg

looks rectangular in pictures I see, but this one looks like circles

No. Why would there be? I have both. OEM is my pick.

just curious and also seeing some differing Ebay listings such as one that comes with the relay and switch and another that does not

looks like this is the correct listing since it shows to be the "complete kit"

dealership parts website listing shows it for like $63, but not sure why the Ebay listing is so expensive

1693334018463.png

there was another Ebay listing for the tailgate lock kit and it said something about it conflicting with the bed light which did not make sense to me unless there was wiring that only allowed for one or the other

If your truck already has the squidlauncher switch on the left side driver switch panel than all you will need to do is add the led kit itself. If you do not see it then the wiring is not there and it will be much more involved.

If your truck already has the squidlauncher switch on the left side driver switch panel than all you will need to do is add the led kit itself. If you do not see it then the wiring is not there and it will be much more involved.
will take a look, thank you!

I may be thinking about my '17 Taco when feeling like it does have the switch

A '23 Off-Road should have it already. My '21 did.

long story short, looks like I need the full kit from the listing so I have the switch and relay at least

thank you!

Appreciate it if you update us about the bed lighting kit. We'll do the light mods next on my uncle's Tacoma once the new steelies and tires from 4Wheelonline are installed this weekend. Bed light and headache rack light bars are on his list.

Appreciate it if you update us about the bed lighting kit. We'll do the light mods next on my uncle's Tacoma once the new steelies and tires from 4Wheelonline are installed this weekend. Bed light and headache rack light bars are on his list.
will do, expecting a cooler weekend so will likely install soon

I received everything except for the "squidlauncher" switch, so waiting to hear back from Sparks where I ordered it from to find out when it will ship since it showed on the packing list as backordered

1694191837492.png

installed today minus the switch so waiting for that

one question is if there is a conflict with having the bed lighting kit as well as the tailgate lock kit?

any pros/cons or aftermarket kit that is better?

PT857-35200​

1693333428298.jpeg

looks rectangular in pictures I see, but this one looks like circles
No conflict with the Toyota kits.
The light out shown is not Toyota
I chose the Toyota tailgate lock kit, I generally use OEM bits when I can.

Back