Be Gentle, it's my first Taco

• Hello, visitor! Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a resource for 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma owners.

Tacoma3G is a friendly community dedicated to 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and Overland Enthusiasts. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

NickySlick

✓ • Bronze
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Nicholas Ullo
Truck Year
Truck Color
Super White
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Hey guys! I've long loved Toyota's in general (I'm lucky enough to have had the keys to a Hilux for a few months overseas) but I paid off my F-150 once i separated from the military 6 years ago so I've been enjoying the lack of a car payment. But living in Colorado Springs means a hail storm totaling my vehicle was only a matter of time. Finally happened. 2018 Taco here i come. I've gathered i need to immediately get the orange virus tuner. Glad this community seems pretty non-toxic because I'm no gear head and I'm gonna have some questions lol If any of you are from around here, lets meet up!

Rob Daman

✓ • Aficionado
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Manual
T3G Member
Welcome

Nursetaco

✓ • Silver
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Color
Inferno
Truck Grade
Sport
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
No worries I’m in the same boat as you not a gear head with a new 2018 taco

NickySlick

✓ • Bronze
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Nicholas Ullo
Truck Year
Truck Color
Super White
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
No worries I’m in the same boat as you not a gear head with a new 2018 taco

Always good to hear! I hope this truck and community learn me a thing or two because i can basically change oil/tire and put in an air intake lol never really tried to do much more than that.

I dont have any big plans for rock crawling/submerging my vehicle. But i will end up on some back roads or small trails etc. I will eventually do either a leveling kit or a slightly bigger lift than that, i dont need a 6" lift or anything.

In case anyone looks, here's my thought process on upgrades/changes if anyone can drop a few ideas

i'm not worried about cosmetic stuff right away but more so changes to maintain or improve upon the problem areas.

OV Tune is a done deal due to the shifting issues i see/hear from you all
I've seen posts about some sort of oil drip collector (quite sure i butchered that)
All weather floor mats
im big on audio but i understand the new ones come with JBL speakers so it shouldnt be a pressing need to upgrade those?

hope that makes sense? Im going to the dealership tomorrow!!

NickySlick

✓ • Bronze
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Nicholas Ullo
Truck Year
Truck Color
Super White
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed