• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Back to a Toyota Pickup

NMBruce

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Quicksand
Hi everyone, just purchased an new 2020 Tacoma TRD OR in Quicksand three weeks ago, this is my 8 Toyota pickup, the first being a 1987 Turbo pickup in Tan. I purchased the truck now, because I wanted Quicksand. I had to drive about 750 miles to get the truck. I do like my Toyota trucks.

With this being my 8 Toyota pickup, I can say that I think Toyota is not building trucks good as the past, little stuff. Toyota pickups have always been simple and built to handle whatever I could throw at it. The truck rides and drives great, MPG is good, it has got sone nice stuff on it, love the weather map. Really I am a bit disappointed in the little stuff, no mud flaps, Toyota pickups without that 4x4 on them, just wrong. No place to put my gas cap while I filling the truck, WTF. Already been in for the radio problems and having to go back in and also the information system not working correctly. Not being able to select a gear in sport mode and hold that gear until I choose a different gear. No storage in the front doors. A spare tire that can be rotated in, but not a matching wheel. No remote start, winters are cold in the mountains. Left side storage in the bed no longer included. Are the needle bearings really that bad, had a dealer wanted to change them out before delivery?

I will make this truck mine and move forward. Many of my complaints I can corrected and I will work to make it better, just alittle disappointed in Toyota. I plan for this truck to be as strong as my pass Toyota’s. Picture of my last Toyota pickup, sold it to a good friend, need more seats. So I went to SUVs, a JKUR and then a Lexus GX470 (lifted & off road ready) and time to get back to a pickup.

Attachments

• 1922A0BA-0925-40F1-A8D0-9B9C3AF1B91C.jpeg
    1922A0BA-0925-40F1-A8D0-9B9C3AF1B91C.jpeg
    447.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 5A328EC9-079A-421F-AEEC-82894C694679.jpeg
    5A328EC9-079A-421F-AEEC-82894C694679.jpeg
    372.6 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Hi everyone, just purchased an new 2020 Tacoma TRD OR in Quicksand three weeks ago, this is my 8 Toyota pickup, the first being a 1987 Turbo pickup in Tan. I purchased the truck now, because I wanted Quicksand. I had to drive about 750 miles to get the truck. I do like my Toyota trucks.

With this being my 8 Toyota pickup, I can say that I think Toyota is not building trucks good as the past, little stuff. Toyota pickups have always been simple and built to handle whatever I could throw at it. The truck rides and drives great, MPG is good, it has got sone nice stuff on it, love the weather map. Really I am a bit disappointed in the little stuff, no mud flaps, Toyota pickups without that 4x4 on them, just wrong. No place to put my gas cap while I filling the truck, WTF. Already been in for the radio problems and having to go back in and also the information system not working correctly. Not being able to select a gear in sport mode and hold that gear until I choose a different gear. No storage in the front doors. A spare tire that can be rotated in, but not a matching wheel. No remote start, winters are cold in the mountains. Left side storage in the bed no longer included. Are the needle bearings really that bad, had a dealer wanted to change them out before delivery?

I will make this truck mine and move forward. Many of my complaints I can corrected and I will work to make it better, just alittle disappointed in Toyota. I plan for this truck to be as strong as my pass Toyota’s. Picture of my last Toyota pickup, sold it to a good friend, need more seats. So I went to SUVs, a JKUR and then a Lexus GX470 (lifted & off road ready) and time to get back to a pickup.

There is not a single manufacturer building a vehicle as good as they used to. Which is why you’ll never see a civic at Hot August Nights.

Get the gasshole from MESO for the gas cap issue. But I agree, it should be something available OEM.

My Pro has remote start. Lame though because it shuts off when you open the door. Toyota calls this a security feature. I call it lazy engineering.

Can’t expect a matching wheel for a spare. For as many Tacomas that are produced it would cost them millions to provide.

I have front door storage available OEM. Also, there’s someone on Etsy who makes molle panels for the 3rd gen doors.

Agreed on left side bed storage. Seems like it would cost more to get rid of it rather than keep it in a production mold/line.

Well hello! Welcome to Tacoma3g!

It’s nice to hear you've had your fair share of Toyotas.

The good news and I’m sure you already know, everything you mentioned can be taken care of with aftermarket.

Sounds like you’ll have a lot of fun with the truck regardless

Remote start, cap holder and tail gate lock going in this week I hope.
Spare tire will be fixed when I buy a used one or set. If I get the set, I can use a couple for the trailer.

Is there any additional space in the bed replacing the left side storage cubby? Or they just removed it completely?

Welcome aboard.

Is there any additional space in the bed replacing the left side storage cubby? Or they just removed it completely?

from what I can find, the space is still there for it to fit. I found a used one on eBay and plan to install it.

Back