• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Pre-Purchase Question Avid Front Bumper

HiterSixOne

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 Sport DCSB Auto
Cement
Anyone here have Avid Off Road's front bumper with or without the fog light hoops? I'm looking for some additional pictures. I like what I see so far on the website, but I'd like too see more. Also what are your impressions? I am not looking for a winch mount or crazy off-road bumper, just a little more deer crossing protection.

I have Avid front and rear protection. I've torn off my rear bumper desert wheeling and it's plastic so decided I need a little bit of extra protection. So far it's worked great. The front bumper mainly I bought to install light bar and don't wanna be cutting my truck up for anything different. Plus I don't want the extra weight in front. It works great but I haven't hit anything yet. I don't know if it would be much help in a deer collision. It is well-made though and would seem to be a good choice to keep the tumbleweeds out of the way at least.

I have Avid front and rear protection. I've torn off my rear bumper desert wheeling and it's plastic so decided I need a little bit of extra protection. So far it's worked great. The front bumper mainly I bought to install light bar and don't wanna be cutting my truck up for anything different. Plus I don't want the extra weight in front. It works great but I haven't hit anything yet. I don't know if it would be much help in a deer collision. It is well-made though and would seem to be a good choice to keep the tumbleweeds out of the way at least.
Thank you

Why are you looking at that bumper? What brings you to it? The bumper provides no protection if you think about it. There are great lightbar mounts behind the lower and upper grill

Good questions. So here we go. Realistically my truck will never see much more than a gravel road to test its off-road capability. Partially this is the reason I did not purchase an off-road model, as the few extras, mainly crawl control, are worthless to me.

With that said, I like the styling of the Avid bumper. I like the fact that I do not need to butcher my front bumper cover or factory support structures. As far as the lightbar options, again this falls into my category of useless for my usage.

As a seasoned (read older) rural Wisconsin driver I have witnessed and been present during many a deer strike. I do agree that the Avid bumper may not do anything for a head on strike at highway speeds, but my experience is that very little protects from a strike like that, physics and all.

All of this is not to say that I like other bumpers, but they don't fit into my parameters.

Does your TSS continue to work normally?

Front so far. Rear backup sensors require two sensors to be moved out to new rear guard locations but I dont use it so turned it off. Lane change sensors work fine.

Why are you looking at that bumper? What brings you to it? The bumper provides no protection if you think about it. There are great lightbar mounts behind the lower and upper grill
Provides plenty for what I'm doing. I don't need a 400 pound steel bumper with a winch. Just something that's going to keep the brush out of my way and keep the cheap plastic from coming apart from a tortoise hit( I kid) or a rock. These Tacoma's are fragile.

Back