• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Auto close windows

Pilothigh

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
2016 TRD OR AC Auto
Quicksand
Is there a way to auto close windows when doors lock? You know, just in case you forget to close them first. I'm a senior and sometimes forget. It's a bad feeling when I get back to my Taco to find doors locked but windows not closed. I'll bet a lot of drivers would want this feature.

Is there a way to auto close windows when doors lock? You know, just in case you forget to close them first. I'm a senior and sometimes forget. It's a bad feeling when I get back to my Taco to find doors locked but windows not closed. I'll bet a lot of drivers would want this feature.
No, they must be manually done by the switch.
Pretty sure its a safety issue for children and pets.

Everybody is doing mods to their Tacomas. I’m looking for a mod that triggers the windows to close when doors are locked. Leaving them open sorta defeats the purpose of locking doors. And I’m more interested in the safety of my vehicle. No children, no pets. When locking, my finger is on the door handle and seeing the driver window open at this point would be fairly obvious. Not so much for passenger window. Being a senior getting older this is important to me. So far seems I’m the only one wanting to do this. Was this ever a feature in any 3rd gen Tacoma? Anyone know?

I feel like everyone would be interested in this if there was a reliable pnp option, but there isn't at this time.

Back