• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Help! Ask Before You Buy!

Smitty

6️⃣ Aficionado
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR AC Auto
Blazing Blue Pearl
Heyyo! I thought I'd start a new thread to hopefully help people out before purchasing new stuff for their Taco's and get feedback/reviews from other Taco owners with experience.

For example, I'm interested in swapping my fog lights out and buying square ones. Any suggestions on which company I should go with???

I have heard excellent things about diode dynamics. I have KC lites. Not really square but I like the SS3's.
1649725087089.png

+1 to the Baja Designs, I went with their SAE lights.

Have heard good things about the Diode Dynamics lights, too.

Thank you all for the feedback!

My next purchase I'm thinking on buying are some pod lights but can't seem to find some decent ones..

@Trudog, can you share your market research? Why do you like these best?
I read most of the reviews on the products as well as YouTube, you just need to sift through the BS and sponsored ones, in addition that company has the best headlights IMO so they know lights!

Baja, Diode, and Rigid in that order. For me personally at least. I like some of the KC stuff, but when it comes to fog light kits the other three are proven to be some of the best!

We're dealers for all four mentioned above if anyone has any questions!
www.Rogue-Offroad.com

Fog light replacements? I think “Chloe “ mention on one of her videos installs, there is legal and illegal fogs lights? Just beware?
Legal meaning for street use! Illegal ones are not for streets, but legal for off roading?
Aloha

From what I remember the things cops can get you on are the fogs being on while headlights are off, them being mounted higher than the headlights, and the color. Either white or "selective yellow" are good to go. Sticking with reasonable colors and the stock wiring should keep you in the clear. This might vary by state of course and I could be totally wrong anyway. But that's what I remember reading. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Back