• ⚙️ 3rd & 4th Gen Toyota Tacomas | Tacoma3G

🌮 Tacoma3G.com is an online resource and community for 2016+ Toyota Tacoma owners.

👤 Registration is completely free and only takes a few seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig on the forum!

♥️ Beginner friendly. Tight-knit. No ads. The raddest. Read more about us...

Reference Ask a beginner question, get a serious answer!

AltarBoy

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
T3G Member
#8,830
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Instagram
@ecobeast_ryan
It really bothers me that the body line on the doors doesn’t continue on the front of the bed 😡😡😡. Any idea why Toyota did this?
2E424997-8D74-4E59-9532-78E2F046ADE4.jpeg

M

Mike_570

possibly a ghost :(
Hey, any of you guys have seat jackers for the front of your driver seat? I've had them in mine for month or two and I love them, but my drivers seat creaks like a son of a gun. Anyone else have that issue? Not really a big deal...turn the music up and you can't hear it. Just wondering if there's an easy solution.

Meclizine

A rough in the diamonds
Tacoma3G Supporter
T3G Member
#9,122
Reaction score
2018 Midnight Black Off-Road Double Cab, Long Bed Automatic (Build Thread)
Hey, any of you guys have seat jackers for the front of your driver seat? I've had them in mine for month or two and I love them, but my drivers seat creaks like a son of a gun. Anyone else have that issue? Not really a big deal...turn the music up and you can't hear it. Just wondering if there's an easy solution.
Is it metal-on-metal where the jackers meet the seat rails? Everything tightened down to spec?

Biohazard

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month
Tacoma3G Supporter
T3G Member
#6,304
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
2020 White Pro Double Cab, Short Bed Automatic
Add rubber washers on both sides and some white lithium grease

solscooter

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
T3G Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Instagram
@solscooter
2016 White Off-Road Double Cab, Short Bed Automatic (Build Thread)

Great. I got a set of these to install.

mgmyota

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
T3G Member
#5,520
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Instagram
@cbenny572
2019 Magnetic Gray Off-Road Double Cab, Short Bed Automatic (Build Thread)
I’ve had mine on for at least a year and have never had any creaks or squeaking or anything. Make sure mating surfaces are clean and retighten everything

AltarBoy

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
T3G Member
#8,830
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Instagram
@ecobeast_ryan
So I’m starting to do a full interior blackout. Can this grey trim in the cluster be removed to be painted?
5D35E3D7-E19F-43C5-B299-A5C83B26EC22.jpeg

zsmith4472

6️⃣ Aficionado
T3G Member
#9,729
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Instagram
@zsmith4472
2017 Blazing Blue Pearl Off-Road Access Cab Automatic (Build Thread)
How do tacoma passing drivers acknowledge each, like the jeep people?
I do a little wave kinda like Jeep people do, some other Tacos in my area picked it up and do it to each other now :)

saboltoothtiger

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
T3G Member
#6,180
Reaction score
First Name
J.C.
2020 White Off-Road Double Cab, Short Bed Manual
I do a little wave kinda like Jeep people do, some other Tacos in my area picked it up and do it to each other now :)
Same. Some people started waving back - mostly the same drivers on our ways to and from work.

Meclizine

A rough in the diamonds
Tacoma3G Supporter
T3G Member
#9,122
Reaction score
2018 Midnight Black Off-Road Double Cab, Long Bed Automatic (Build Thread)
Same. Some people started waving back - mostly the same drivers on our ways to and from work.
I want to do this, too, but I'm afraid I'd get a repetitive motion injury. There's everything from a T100 to 3rd gens all over my neighborhood! But I do feel like the Jeepers have the sense of community thing down, for sure.

zsmith4472

6️⃣ Aficionado
T3G Member
#9,729
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Instagram
@zsmith4472
2017 Blazing Blue Pearl Off-Road Access Cab Automatic (Build Thread)
Does anybody know where I can sell my stock parts?? I got my old stock grille and mudflaps and just don't want them laying around.. I'm in South Eastern CT, You think pawn shops might take 'em?

StormRnr

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
T3G Member
#6,287
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Instagram
@Allterrainfamily
2017 Silver Sky Off-Road Double Cab, Short Bed Automatic (Build Thread)
I have them. No noise at all.