• ⚙️ 3rd & 4th Gen Toyota Tacomas | Tacoma3G

🌮 Tacoma3G.com is an online resource and community for 2016+ Toyota Tacoma owners.

👤 Registration is completely free and only takes a few seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig on the forum!

♥️ Beginner friendly. Tight-knit. No ads. The raddest. Read more about us...

Reference Ask a beginner question, get a serious answer!

MJ'sTacoma

5️⃣ Platinum
Rig of the Month (2x)
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
T3G Member
#4,632
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Instagram
@mjstacoma
2018 Barcelona Red SR5 Double Cab, Short Bed Automatic
It was worse than that. The idiot shop that installed my lift put my sway bar brackets on backwards. The pic is hard to see but that is the one with a big "L" on it and it was on the passenger side. When I crawled under there to loosen the brackets up, I noticed the open side of the bracket was facing to the back of the truck and thought "that's not right". Once I removed and swapped the brackets putting the "L" on the drive side and "R" on the passenger side the sway bar sat back in with equal space on each side. Unbelievable. I guess I am the idiot who didn't check it after the lift was done.
Also check to make sure the brackets arent moving the sway bar toward the rear, they are meant to push it forward about an inch, which should provide plenty of clearance

bonifacio

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
T3G Member
#2,531
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Instagram
@cementgray
2019 Cement Off-Road (Build Thread)
Any thoughts on what I can do with this?

Noticed a bit of noise in the front driver side of suspension and found that my Toytec Aluma coils are rubbing on the sway bar. The relocation brackets are installed and came from Toytec. Not sure what else I can do. Removing the sway bar is not an option for me since 95% of driving is on the highway. Not happening on the passenger side.
Depending on the stiffness of the Toytec, you could possible remove the sways.

Glad you got it figured out.

Last edited:

Johnnytwotimes

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
T3G Member
#7,912
Reaction score
Hello

Any recommendations for a security camera for my taco? Something that won’t break the bank

Jacket4256

2️⃣ Bronze
T3G Member
#9,192
Reaction score
2021 Midnight Black Off-Road Double Cab, Short Bed Automatic
I am wanting to do a lift for my daily, it will see some light off-roading.

I’m lost on what to do, I was just going to do billstein leveling in the front which I already have, but if I’m taking them out should I just throw some better springs on the front as well ?

Then just add some 0.5-1 inch blocks in the rear with matching shocks ?

I’d like to get best bang for my buck but also wanna do it right the first time.

TacoDePapa

3️⃣ Silver
Tacoma3G Supporter
T3G Member
#8,441
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Instagram
@Robdeelocal213
2021 Magnetic Gray Off-Road Double Cab, Short Bed Automatic
Jacket4256
Eibach springs are great. If you are not planning to add a heavy front bumper and winch a set of 600 pound springs will do. They will not sag over time and hold up well.
They have rear shocks that are great for 0-2” of lift. I’m running the stage 1 setup on my 2021 off road and I’m very happy with that setup

Last edited:

Biohazard

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month
Tacoma3G Supporter
T3G Member
#6,304
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
2020 White Pro Double Cab, Short Bed Automatic
I am wanting to do a lift for my daily, it will see some light off-roading.

I’m lost on what to do, I was just going to do billstein leveling in the front which I already have, but if I’m taking them out should I just throw some better springs on the front as well ?

Then just add some 0.5-1 inch blocks in the rear with matching shocks ?

I’d like to get best bang for my buck but also wanna do it right the first time.
If you've already got the leveling kit, use it! Part of messing with your truck is learning it, growing with it, and that really requires working through gear.

I think you're set up well already with your leveling kit and some blocks in the back.

Taco Loco

5️⃣ Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
T3G Member
#8,862
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
2021 White Off-Road Double Cab, Short Bed Automatic
Hello

Any recommendations for a security camera for my taco? Something that won’t break the bank
Hey Johnnytwotimes My last dashcam was a BlackVue DR650X 2CH. They're not cheap but they have many different options now and I liked the fact that they can have multiple cameras linked to one recording device. You can set it up to automatically upload the video files when you're within your wifi network. You can also view the videos on their phone and PC apps. May not be what you're looking for, but here's the link for your perusal.

M

Mike_570

possibly a ghost :(
Hey guys!

This may be a bit of a different question than most of them here - but it's worth a shot!

Have any of you had experience with paint less dent removal? I got a quote today for 60 bucks to fix a tiny dent in my rear passenger door right below the window. Good reviews with this guy, several hundred with a total of 4.9 stars, so that's not my concern.

My concern comes in with how it will be done. Due to where it is, they will put the tool down through the window channel and "roll it out". My concern with this is whether or not this will bend or warp the window channel due to the pressure.

Kind of reminds me of a scenario similar to when someone gets their keys locked in the car and they use those airbags to pump up and create a gap in the door. I don't believe the door ever seals properly after that, and I don't want to run into that scenario if I do paint less dent removal.

Biohazard

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month
Tacoma3G Supporter
T3G Member
#6,304
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Hey guys!

This may be a bit of a different question than most of them here - but it's worth a shot!

Have any of you had experience with paint less dent removal? I got a quote today for 60 bucks to fix a tiny dent in my rear passenger door right below the window. Good reviews with this guy, several hundred with a total of 4.9 stars, so that's not my concern.

My concern comes in with how it will be done. Due to where it is, they will put the tool down through the window channel and "roll it out". My concern with this is whether or not this will bend or warp the window channel due to the pressure.

Kind of reminds me of a scenario similar to when someone gets their keys locked in the car and they use those airbags to pump up and create a gap in the door. I don't believe the door ever seals properly after that, and I don't want to run into that scenario if I do paint less dent removal.
Worked at my dad's car dealership for years, saw this many times. Typically works pretty well with no residual problems.

Bessi3-taco

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
T3G Member
#4,873
Reaction score
First Name
Ornan
Instagram
@Bessie_tacoma
2018 Blazing Blue Pearl Off-Road Double Cab, Short Bed Automatic
Has anyone or does anyone know someone who's done brake pad comparison? Might be time for me to change mine and just want to know if there's difference between OEM and what some companies may call "performance" or "offroad" or "towing/offroad" brake pads.
TIA.

bonifacio

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
T3G Member
#2,531
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Instagram
@cementgray
2019 Cement Off-Road (Build Thread)
OEM was "optimized" or whatever for the vehicle they are on from the factory. They were chosen or designed around it for an even balance between cost, dependability and performance.

Aftermarket has options. Material options. Type of performance. But there are a lot of factors as they are all different. It'll be materials and wear. From what I've always known, mostly performance aftermarket pads are for sports cars. For the optimal stopping power, the brake pads have to get to the proper temperature. Different materials will offer more grip when getting to those temperatures. Depending on the material, they can produce more dust/less dust or faster wear on the rotors. You might never reach the correct temperatures for the benefits. There are always trade offs and price differences. Example brakes that don't produce dust might be good to stay clean and may not wear rotors as fast as OEM, but you might lose stopping power. There could be brakes, that have better stopping power, dustless and better than OEM at every aspect, but might just be 5 times more than OEM. They're all just trade offs or they just slap the name on their for marketing. Like towing could be something that will last longer but also stop faster the hotter they get compared to OEM. Sometimes they could be better all around and you'd get more value by paying a little more. An overall upgrade from OEM. The manufacturer just didn't want to so they could keep costs lower.

Could also come down to a personal preference. Some people like mushy brakes. Some like those sharp and sensitive brakes. Could just be all about details or brand loyalty.

MDT

2️⃣ Bronze
T3G Member
#8,986
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
It is bizarre , I also heard dont qoute me but some of the 2019 only have drivers window auto up down , and passenger is now manual
Depends on package. My 21 in auto down on driver side but not auto up. Manual on all other doors.

thatguyonthe_left

2️⃣ Bronze
T3G Member
#3,705
Reaction score
2018 White Off-Road Double Cab, Short Bed Automatic
I got a question, not sure if this is a dumb one or not but I really have no clue and can't find anything about it.

I'm planning on getting the OME 2-3" lift for my truck, and I'm really trying to cheap out (college student budget and all). I'm not entirely sure what I plan to do in the future with the truck, if I ever get a bumper It will probably be a hybrid (tube/plate) bumper or just something like the sso slimline bumper. this truck is my daily driver, but I plan to throw a couple of hundred pounds of camping gear in the back every other weekend.

medium load up front should work. My main concern is whether I should get the icon aal or not. Do I really need to get the aal for a setup like this? or can I cheap out and stay on stock leaves.

Biohazard

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month
Tacoma3G Supporter
T3G Member
#6,304
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
I got a question, not sure if this is a dumb one or not but I really have no clue and can't find anything about it.

I'm planning on getting the OME 2-3" lift for my truck, and I'm really trying to cheap out (college student budget and all). I'm not entirely sure what I plan to do in the future with the truck, if I ever get a bumper It will probably be a hybrid (tube/plate) bumper or just something like the sso slimline bumper. this truck is my daily driver, but I plan to throw a couple of hundred pounds of camping gear in the back every other weekend.

medium load up front should work. My main concern is whether I should get the icon aal or not. Do I really need to get the aal for a setup like this? or can I cheap out and stay on stock leaves.
Even with my trdpro, the stock leaves sagged a good bit with any hint of a load. I'd definitely look at getting an aal or leaf pack.

mgmyota

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
T3G Member
#5,520
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Instagram
@cbenny572
2019 Magnetic Gray Off-Road Double Cab, Short Bed Automatic (Build Thread)
Not sure if it’s been asked before but what are the negatives of doing a body mount relocation? I know the purpose of the body mount in the event of a crash so I understand it may be effecting the safety a little. What other negatives?

MJ'sTacoma

5️⃣ Platinum
Rig of the Month (2x)
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
T3G Member
#4,632
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Instagram
@mjstacoma
2018 Barcelona Red SR5 Double Cab, Short Bed Automatic
Not sure if it’s been asked before but what are the negatives of doing a body mount relocation? I know the purpose of the body mount in the event of a crash so I understand it may be effecting the safety a little. What other negatives?
Its technically frame damage, but so is any cmc/bmc so

JamesR913

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G O.G.
T3G Member
#1,512
Reaction score
First Name
James
2019 Cement Off-Road Double Cab, Long Bed Automatic
I was looking at my truck the other day and noticed my leaf springs are not u shaped but are sagging. I have a retrax retractable tonneau cover and a Craftsman box that's well under 100lbs. Is this sagging something I should worry about? I'm not really looking to spend the money for a lift even though I wouldn't mind a couple more inches (TWSS😀), but I want to make sure the truck is safe.

Biohazard

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month
Tacoma3G Supporter
T3G Member
#6,304
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
A U shape isn't necessarily needed. Ride height, quality, and how often your bottoming out the suspension is what's important. The stock springs are nearly flat when there is no load, and pretty much flat with a a load.

mgmyota

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
T3G Member
#5,520
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Instagram
@cbenny572
2019 Magnetic Gray Off-Road Double Cab, Short Bed Automatic (Build Thread)
Its technically frame damage, but so is any cmc/bmc so
Fair. I mean I’m pretty sure all the electrical I’ve done voids a warranty but I have yet to have an issue with warranty work being covered 🤷🏼‍♂️ I like to think most dealerships know we customize these trucks a lot and are cool about it lol