• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Reference Ask a beginner question, get a serious answer!

I did not have this issue with the OEM fob, but I did with the AJT fob, and it is maddening. I think the spring was supposed to be either included or used from the other fob. I use that as a back up now rather than an everyday key, as I have the lexus key card programmed to my truck. I'm willing to bet the retainer spring inside your OEM key fob is missing, thus causing the key lock in the fob to let go and release the fob from the key......
Ajt comes with a spring , I haven't had issue yet ,

Alright so... Is anyone running a Rough Country 4in Lift? What would be the pros and cons of running a system like this Rough Country Kit rather then say a OME kit. In addition, how can they price their 6in kit the same as their 4in kit?

I'm considering the RC kit for a few factors, cost first and foremost. Secondly, I don't think I'll be doing much "hardcore" off roading.
The 4 " kit and 6" are probly exactly the same kit they probly change a block from a 2.5 to a 4.5 beside that the kits the same .
I personally dont like these style kits to much extra parts added on for nothing even there 6 inch kit they recommend 33"tires your ground clearance deosnt chsnge , limited on things like skid plates of you want to update from theres or add some more . The higher you go more stress on parts

Mine must not have.
Funny enough how that I think about it my very first one didnt hur the instructions siad to use the factory one , but the ones I ordered after that all came with springs, you can order the spring seperate as well

Funny enough how that I think about it my very first one didnt hur the instructions siad to use the factory one , but the ones I ordered after that all came with springs, you can order the spring seperate as well
Not interested. I'm using the lexus key card now.

How do I know when I need to put a fuse block in? What are ways to find the right set up for wiring things up?

How do I know when I need to put a fuse block in? What are ways to find the right set up for wiring things up?
You dont need one , just a way to keep it all clean and easier to deal with (no opening all your fused to find the burnt one)
Ways to find the right setup? Definitly determined by how much your going to hook up if you have 2 or 3 items not worth the money to setup if you planning more in the future then yes and a big one. You would also need a fuse breaker between the battery and box that's about it
20180205_173028.jpg
now if you have some extra $$ then a spod or similar is much more worth it

Every now and then when I have the radar cruise control on the screen will freak out and flash that a car is in front of me but it beeps and is orange. Anyone know what this is?

Every now and then when I have the radar cruise control on the screen will freak out and flash that a car is in front of me but it beeps and is orange. Anyone know what this is?
Open your owners manual and follow there step by step for sensor cleaning, if the issue persist then bring to Toyota for a possible recalibration

On occasion, mine will say Brake! When there isn’t anything in front of me. The background is red. Not sure WTF causes that.

Open your owners manual and follow there step by step for sensor cleaning, if the issue persist then bring to Toyota for a possible recalibration

It's definitely not a cleanliness or calibration issue. The radar cruise works fine. It honestly seems like it only happens when I am driving on the highway and the road curves and the oncoming traffic is directly head on for a few seconds. Almost like it's a warning about head on collisions.

It's definitely not a cleanliness or calibration issue. The radar cruise works fine. It honestly seems like it only happens when I am driving on the highway and the road curves and the oncoming traffic is directly head on for a few seconds. Almost like it's a warning about head on collisions.
Have you lifted your truck

You dont need one , just a way to keep it all clean and easier to deal with (no opening all your fused to find the burnt one)
Ways to find the right setup? Definitly determined by how much your going to hook up if you have 2 or 3 items not worth the money to setup if you planning more in the future then yes and a big one. You would also need a fuse breaker between the battery and box that's about it
20180205_173028.jpg
now if you have some extra $$ then a spod or similar is much more worth it
Where are the relays at? What brand items are you using? I have no idea what I’m doing, but I’m more than willing to learn how and do it myself.

We have been running all the radar and lane change warnings for years in our semi trucks. It just sucks. Goes off on anything that gets in the arrays sight. I ‘m talking overpasses, large signs, passing on a curve etc. you’re lucky your system doesn’t take over brake or fuel controls. You really have two choices, live with it or disable it.

Do you need the amber reflectors in the headlights? I have read and heard alot of conflicting info.

Do you need the amber reflectors in the headlights? I have read and heard alot of conflicting info.

Depends on your state and local regulations. Most states they are required by law, but if you pull them off or cover them, or mod them no one's really going to know unless your state has an inspection program.

No stock height just a pro grille
Is yours trd pro , or DOD you put the progrjll on yourself? If you put on yourself did you get calibrated as the trd pro grill sticks further out then the offroad grill which in return would mess the depth perception on the sensor

Where the fuck does the fm antenna wire connect to the actual antenna? Is it in the glass or in the shark fin? Is it easy to get to (I think mine got unplugged when the ship did the vinyl on the roof).....

Where the fuck does the fm antenna wire connect to the actual antenna? Is it in the glass or in the shark fin? Is it easy to get to (I think mine got unplugged when the ship did the vinyl on the roof).....
Under the headliner under the fin

Ok with aftermarket uca's (delta joint, ball joint and uniball) I know people talk about greasing and cleaning. Do you need a special tool? Do you have to do it yourself? From what I understand ball joints like jba and SPC the shop can do it for you when you are getting maintenance or do they? Can they do it for Uniballs and delta joints or will they use the wrong stuff and not know what they are? Sorry this is the First time lifting a truck

I forgot to mention if you take the back clips hook things off and you hands small you can hop in you box and sneak your hand in trough the back glass

Ok with aftermarket uca's (delta joint, ball joint and uniball) I know people talk about greasing and cleaning. Do you need a special tool? Do you have to do it yourself? From what I understand ball joints like jba and SPC the shop can do it for you when you are getting maintenance or do they? Can they do it for Uniballs and delta joints or will they use the wrong stuff and not know what they are? Sorry this is the First time lifting a truck
All UCA maintenance can be done at home with few tools
-19mm wrench
-19mm socket
-rachet
-torque wrench
-grease gun
-optional air for blowing

Greasing the bushing will require a 19mm socket and a 19mm wrench , loosen off , use grease gun pump grease in the zerk fitting and tighen to
85ft-lbs . How often ? Best left to manufacture or usage
Jba,SPC,delta joints will require a simple grease up via grease gun on the zerk fitting

Uniball , will require a possible blow to remove degree and a good spray of PTFE dry lube (which can be bought almost anywhere lube is sold)

What grease to use ? That's a personal choice
That's about all the maintenance you need for them all can be done at home with minimal tools

1. What size bolts do these holes take?

IMG_20190327_173419.jpg

2. Does anyone else besides powertrays make something that fits there? I'm going to put in a better fuse block for my amp, and would like to put it there

3. If I wanted to power a front camera, what fuse in that fuse/relay box could I add a fuse to?
IMG_20190327_172017.jpg

Thanks!

1. What size bolts do these holes take?

IMG_20190327_173419.jpg

2. Does anyone else besides powertrays make something that fits there? I'm going to put in a better fuse block for my amp, and would like to put it there

3. If I wanted to power a front camera, what fuse in that fuse/relay box could I add a fuse to?
IMG_20190327_172017.jpg

Thanks!
M8 I believe
If you are setting up a fuse block on your tray just add a fuse there for the camera

M8 I believe
If you are setting up a fuse block on your tray just add a fuse there for the camera
It's my amplifier fuse block. I'm not putting in a multi fuse block.

I just want to move this:

fuse block.jpg

And then I want to hook up ACC power to a front camera using one of the spots in here via add a fuse:

img_20190327_172017-jpg.11134

I just want to move this:

fuse block.jpg

And then I want to hook up ACC power to a front camera using one of the spots in here via add a fuse:

img_20190327_172017-jpg.11134
Hmm then then 10A drl or the radio fuse

Back