• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Are you thinking of buyin a 2020 tacoma?

I’m happy to have the Apple car play and power seats. I like the headlights too, especially the trd pro ones with the illuminated logos.

I plan to retrofit wireless Apple car play if it’s not possible to get it in an update when Toyota releases it.

I’m happy to have the Apple car play and power seats. I like the headlights too, especially the trd pro ones with the illuminated logos.

I plan to retrofit wireless Apple car play if it’s not possible to get it in an update when Toyota releases it.
I want to figure out why my maps don’t work says something about visit Toyota 🤔

I want to figure out why my maps don’t work says something about visit Toyota 🤔

Weird. Mine works fine. Only thing I’m bummed about is not being able to load up my own startup screen

This is my first Tacoma...A 2020 TRD sport 2WD
It needs a grab handle on the drivers side.
The sound system is worthless!
The trans shifts like crap and shakes at 1100-1200 RPM's.
Needs more low end punch...more gearing!!!
I think the quality control department was out to lunch when they built my truck
1. Hood way out of alignment
2. Big defect in my passenger seat
Yes, I hold Toyota to a much higher standard!! They are a top notch company.
My wife's sport has Bilstein shocks mine Hitachi if I'm not mistaken. Very disappointed.
I am not trying to bash the truck. It just didn't blow my socks off like the 2011 and 2015 my wife has.

It's a great looking truck.
Love the ride and is pretty quiet inside.
Very comfortable seats.
Flawless paint.

I enjoy my truck but it has room for improvement. Fix the items above and you have the best truck dollar for dollar!!

Last edited:
This is my first Tacoma...A 2020 TRD sport 2WD
It needs a grab handle on the drivers side.
The sound system is worthless!
The trans shifts like crap and shakes at 1100-1200 RPM's.
Needs more low end punch...more gearing!!!
I think the quality control department was out to lunch when they built my truck
1. Hood way out of alignment
2. Big defect in my passenger seat
Yes, I hold Toyota to a much higher standard!! They are a top notch company.
My wife's sport has Bilstein shocks mine Hitachi if I'm not mistaken. Very disappointed.
I am not trying to bash the truck. It just didn't blow my socks off like the 2011 and 2015 my wife has.

It's a great looking truck.
Love the ride and is pretty quiet inside.
Very comfortable seats.
Flawless paint.

I enjoy my truck but it has room for improvement. Fix the items above and you have the best truck dollar for dollar!!
Maybe the sport is different then the offroad 🤔 mine came with bilstien I removed them since but I know that’s what it came with

I heavily considered trading in my '18 Pro within a year of buying it after they made the announcements for all the tech upgrades and before I did any mods to my truck. The power seats were really one thing I considered needing because my wife is short and she needs the seats to be raised up if we ever split a drive.

360 camera? Awesome, but I've been driving without one so, not needed.
LED head lights? Great! But bulb changes are doable.
Android Auto/Carplay? That would be really awesome, but they make aftermarket head unit I can swap to when I'm ready.

Because the seats were the only thing that couldn't easily be modded, I chose not to trade in and spend the extra money. Wife can sit on a pillow or towel, no big deal. haha.

Back