• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Anyone watch “Dirt Lifestyle?”

Funny, I do watch him. @Paige said I should share this video here. I think this is going to be good content because he’s a master fabricator so you already know this Taco is going to be unique.

Plus, if anyone can DIY SAS a Taco, it’s this dude.

Check him out @Tacomadad18

Definitely love all of his one off stuff. Also the fact that he just seems to be a really good and down to earth dude.

Funny, I do watch him. @Paige said I should share this video here. I think this is going to be good content because he’s a master fabricator so you already know this Taco is going to be unique.

Plus, if anyone can DIY SAS a Taco, it’s this dude.

Check him out @Tacomadad18

I’m already waiting! It’ll be cool if he starts right away. I’ve got parts coming in to start my sas!

I’m already waiting! It’ll be cool if he starts right away. I’ve got parts coming in to start my sas!
Yaaassss! I can’t wait to see yours come along.

The 3G community is still lacking a real SAS’d truck. The few that are out there are not realistic at all for us normal folk.

Yaaassss! I can’t wait to see yours come along.

The 3G community is still lacking a real SAS’d truck. The few that are out there are not realistic at all for us normal folk.

Yeah they were all done by a professional shop with all the tools, and years of experience (together) I’m trying to do it in my garage lol

PLUS, I never see them out on the rocks running them like they should be 😞, at least the ones that are built for it, one of them have the exception.

Yeah they were all done by a professional shop with all the tools, and years of experience (together) I’m trying to do it in my garage lol

PLUS, I never see them out on the rocks running them like they should be 😞, at least the ones that are built for it, one of them have the exception.
Never see them out there. The one that does sometimes doesn't seem to do it enough. Seems like it just does it to grab the content for IG and then go home.

Yeah love his content and have learned a lot from it. Really looking forward to his decision making process on upgrading the taco

Saw a post on Nate's instagram: Login • Instagram

Seems after some wheeling in Mexico, he has some electrical issues with his rear lights.
Issue with the outlet in the bed (100W while driving) cooling his fridge.
Finally issues with getting the truck in and out of 4wd/4lo.

Comments talk about how all 3rd gens have these issues and quite common.

Saw a post on Nate's instagram: Login • Instagram

Seems after some wheeling in Mexico, he has some electrical issues with his rear lights.
Issue with the outlet in the bed (100W while driving) cooling his fridge.
Finally issues with getting the truck in and out of 4wd/4lo.

Comments talk about how all 3rd gens have these issues and quite common.
If im not mistaken the 100W while driving is standard across most vehicle platforms, and 400W when your parked at idle. Why is he using a 110V fridge to begin with?

Ive had issues with my rear tail lights as well. Blew the same fuse and if not fixed right away it will keep popping the fuse (Will throw "brake overide malfunction" light). I keep a pack of those tiny fuses with me at all times now.

Ive also had issues with the rear locker not engaging/disengaging but its off and on.

Besides the electrical stuff, in his new video he wheeled it to find its limits when stock. It kind of looked like not having a front locker was more of a setback than the stock tire/lift sizes for the trail he was on.

He did get some decent body damage though. So now we’ll probably get a video of him teaching us how to DIY repair cab corners.

I like his thinking! Light is the new heavy! I'm building mine with the same intent, though I don't intend to "wheel it"

-M

I've been watching his series as well, super stoked to watch him put it through the rigors. I haven't had a chance to hit rocks yet but I've definitely found some of the limits when it comes to the dunes and woops.. Aka "whoops!" as I bounced the girlfriends head off the headliner.

Curious to see just how bad ass he makes this build considering he was also talking about 37's already! Or was it 40s? Either way. Truck is going to be a monster.

Back