• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Help! Anyone rocking rrw rr7 willing to let me test fit to see if it’ll clear stoptech calipers? I’m in riverside county. Thanks.

Sifuyota

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
Just like the post says. Can anyone out here in socal let me test fit rrw rr7? I tried emailing rrw to get some specs, but have gotten no response. Any help is appreciated.

Just like the post says. Can anyone out here in socal let me test fit rrw rr7? I tried emailing rrw to get some specs, but have gotten no response. Any help is appreciated.
What specs are you looking for?
Assuming it's 17x8.5.
It's offered in 0, -12 and -25 offsets.

Then it comes down to what tires you'll put on them. Would be hard for the manufacturer of the wheel itself to give much more info.

Quick search shows that 17x8.5et 0 with 265/70 clears stock suspension.
17x8.5et-12 with 265/70 slightly rubs on full turn and requires minor plastic trimming. -25, you gon' rub.

If you lift, that gives some more clearance. Anything else is a general range for you to figure out with your truck.

Last edited:
My concern is the clearance of the calipers to the inner barrel/face of wheel. I upgraded to big brake kit and I’m trying to figure out how much offset is needed to clear the calipers with the rr7. The calipers will work with 17 in wheels, but fitment will vary with different brands. I would like to run -12, but without test fitting I can’t be certain that any of the offsets will work.

Back