• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Anyone go to TruckFlix and Chill today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashipman

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCSB Auto
White
I started out around 4:30 am this fine wet day and got ready to leave. Now I got up at 4:30 thinking out the door by 5ish, pick up my bro and then, a 4 hour drive to Corona in So. Cal. I was going to TruckFlix and Chill down in Corona put on by OC Overland to meet up with the guys from Rago Fabrication so I could pick up some rock sliders. I ordered them the week before and to save on shipping they said they would be there at Corona for the event and that they would bring them along for me. Now as I said, 4hour drive. Well that didn't happen, bad weather and a little Saturday morning traffic made it 5 hours. Not too bad, It could always have been worse, it could have been a Friday night. I live in Paso Robles, CA., about 4 hours north of Los Angeles. The last time I took a Friday trip down in the abyss they call Los Angeles, it took me 8 and 1/2 hours. That was one long drawn out drive.

So I got there about 10:00 am. There were quite a few people there. A lot more than I expected. I saw a lot of really cool set ups. All most EVERYONE had a set of MaxTrax attached to their rigs somewhere. I met up with those Rago guys after checking out the show and picked my Sliders.

Rock Sliders 19 Toyota 3-2-19.JPG

We loaded them up and off we went. Back up to the Central Coast. Through all the rain and the traffic again. It was quite a day and had some adventure, but I wont bore you with the details except to say that it was a fun time. My first time to an Overland event. I did meet someone down there from this group. Said he was a moderator on here but for the life of me, I can't remember his name, (sorry about that if you read this).

Anyway it was a blast. Made a new memory and plan to make many more in the future.

Last edited:
@Ashipman . Yep, it was me you met. Nice talking to you guys. Enjoy those sliders! Those things were beefy!!

Definitely a fun event. I didn't know you had driven from that far. That's a crazy drive, but to save on shipping I would do it to. Haha

missed out on that event, was busy with watch. wish i had been able to go!

@Ashipman . Yep, it was me you met. Nice talking to you guys. Enjoy those sliders! Those things were beefy!!

Definitely a fun event. I didn't know you had driven from that far. That's a crazy drive, but to save on shipping I would do it to. Haha
Haha, it was more for the adventure than to save on shipping. But saving 2 bills was defiantly a motivator! Nice to meet you too!

Good Times.......

Haha, it was more for the adventure than to save on shipping. But saving 2 bills was defiantly a motivator! Nice to meet you too!

Good Times.......

Honestly you spent a decent chunk of change on the drive (probably not $200), but you also got to go to a great meet. So that was fun.

Honestly you spent a decent chunk of change on the drive (probably not $200), but you also got to go to a great meet. So that was fun.
Absolutely! It cost me about $120 in gas but it was totally worth it! No matter ho many times you see someone's set up there is always more cool setups out there and the people in this genre are amazing for the most part! What a community!

Absolutely! It cost me about $120 in gas but it was totally worth it! No matter ho many times you see someone's set up there is always more cool setups out there and the people in this genre are amazing for the most part! What a community!
Well worth it lol

Ready for the next event! No doubt. :unsure: Could do without the rain though! :p

Ready for the next event! No doubt. :unsure: Could do without the rain though! :p

Honestly I thought it was going to be worse and actually it made it kind of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back