• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Help! anybody here had to replace a front driver's side transaxle needle bearing with a bronze bushing?

Junkyard Sam

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
I have a 2013 Tacoma 4x4, the needle bearing has some slop in it. I have ordered a puller for the bearing and let me tell you there pretty pricey. i was just looking for any pointers before i do this. thanks for ant at all. Marty C.

Depending on the cost of the puller and the value of your time, you could consider having a shop do it. I went that route and it saved me the headache of worrying about having extra seals or fluid on hand. I think it was sub $200 said and done (…and warranteed).

What puller did you purchase? The Puller, Bushing and Seal was only a total of $130 from ECGS, ordered last week.

Pull the axle out completely to give you more room. You'll need a large 36mm(?) socket for the axle nut. I also recommend the bushing driver. I didn't buy one, and wished I had. I just changed the fluid at the same time. Take your time, the most time consuming part for me was driving the new bushing. Replace the seal as well.

Most people order from ECGS, I ordered mine on Amazon from Yukon.

Back