• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Audio Android Auto/Apply Carplay Entune 2.0, 2017 Tacoma

tacoGabe

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I am new to this forum.
I have a 2017 Sr5 Crewcab Taco and Love it other than the infotainment system.
I have entune 2.0, has any one figured out how to put android auto/apple carplay on these?

very much appreciated!!

Welcome!
I dont think its possible on the 16-19 models, You would probably have to fish a head unit with the USB port outt of a 2020, It would probably be more cost effective to go with one of the android head units.

Yeah definitely more cost effective to ditch it all together. Entune is garbage anyways.

actually, this is possible and I don't think it's terribly priced for an OEM style solution. You would essentially be swapping out the head unit + a harness. However, I do believe you will lose the compass feature, but you're going to use CarPlay/Android Auto anyway right? I had a buddy do it on his '19 and it's been working pretty well for him. I have plans to do this in the future.

Buy this guy and make sure to read it all to ensure you have all the right parts coming:

You can also choose to sell back your OEM head unit to them which would help drive overall cost down. He received $400 for his.

They also normally have a 15% off code, so keep an eye out for that as well.

The Joying head unit is like $350 lol
actually, this is possible and I don't think it's terribly priced for an OEM style solution. You would essentially be swapping out the head unit + a harness. However, I do believe you will lose the compass feature, but you're going to use CarPlay/Android Auto anyway right? I had a buddy do it on his '19 and it's been working pretty well for him. I have plans to do this in the future.

Buy this guy and make sure to read it all to ensure you have all the right parts coming:

You can also choose to sell back your OEM head unit to them which would help drive overall cost down. He received $400 for his.

They also normally have a 15% off code, so keep an eye out for that as well.

The Joying head unit is like $350 lol
Sure. Android system is obviously going to be the cheapest route, which I'm sure most people come across all the time. I'm just throwing out other options that some people may not come across. I'm mean, what's another $1600 for an OEM look to the build list anyway? 😆

Back