• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Amazon , Seat spacers?

L

Lava road

possibly a ghost :(
I was scrolling on Amazon, click “Tacoma accessories “ 400 pages, ( lots of duplicates stuffs)
There is a China copy cat of the the Seat Jackers , call “Reno” listed at $85.00 prime.
Desert company the original makers of the Seat Jackers is listed at $104.00 front & rear spacer for the front seats listed at $53.00.
The rear spacers , just a longer bolt, a spacer with holes or a stack of S/S washers or a combo of both. Can be found at any hardware store, for under $20.00 for the rear front seats.
I did the Seat Jacker & purchase rear lift from Lowes. The added height was a blessing, my back feels better and for my legs is more comfortable. Consider in the “Best MOD “ category?

Don’t laugh, last year I purchase a “bling” ring for my push start button. I actually like it!
AC3039DF-5013-4B62-B6D3-4BD62A640BE9.jpeg

Aloha

Attachments

• 368EE62E-6E00-4488-B75B-1CA848634479.jpeg
    368EE62E-6E00-4488-B75B-1CA848634479.jpeg
    212.9 KB · Views: 60
Last edited by a moderator:
On my pictures of my dials , are hole punch dots ( Engineered grade reflective tapes). The dots let’s me see at a quick glance,. Where my dials are set! I have to wear eye glasses, the yellow dots makes it easier!

I went with Desert Does it for the speed of shipping, and the ability to add a molle panel later. Couldn't be happier. I got the rear spacers on TW for $25.

Very good ! The rear spacers’s any can do it. A simple job.
The front spacer’s does require those special design lift spacers. And is also a easy MOD.
Cheaper then lifting the whole truck.?
Aloha

besides a molle panel what's the benefit of the seat jackers? and do you have\not have power seats that raise?

The 2017's don't have power seats. I don't believe those became available until 2019.
The seat jackers set you at the right angle and height. No strain on your back or legs.

No power seats for 2019. Maybe from 2020 and up?
Not sure what models came with power seats?
Aloha

Powered driver’s seat started with the 2020 models.

Most power seats will give better adjustments . My 2001 Toyota Corolla , has power seats, my wife and I , we are always adjusting the power seats. I like the ease to adjust even when driving on the roads.
Aloha

I wonder if powered seats could be added to older models...

I am sure a few people may have added power seats ? Hopefully they can share info’s ?
There are times i too while driving , want to re-adjust my seats, especially for the longer drives.
Aloha,

They cannot. I have looked into it. There is a guy on TW that will sell you a wiring harness for the Scion FR-S model seats and that is the best you can do (some have seat warmers/heaters). Different rail system and heights/mounting positions would require significant fabrication along with a complicated after market wiring harness. Tacomaholic video below.
Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGUEcuWveI

Last edited:
I got 2 sets of the original 7r41lbr34k3r's seat spacers. I believe them to be the best overall. Looks and function. Sure washers will lift the seat, but the full face contact and surface area gave me piece of mind.
I only got them for the rear. That along relived a lot of lower back strain. I don't know why or how. I always has this lower back soreness from long drives.

For the front I grabbed the Desert Does It Molle Panel. I never figured out what to put on that or the Meso rear rack. :(

These look the nicest and retain the plastic cap for an overall clean look.

1657924865291.png

I am sure a few people may have added power seats ? Hopefully they can share info’s ?
There are times i too while driving , want to re-adjust my seats, especially for the longer drives.
Aloha,

I've seen online that 5th Gen 4Runner seats are a direct bolt in. The 4Runner Limited seats are power, heated and cooled.
Has 2 more wiring connectors than the Tacomas. Assuming 1 for power and 1 for heating/cooling. Nicer leather.

If you check Desert Does It site, it shows their mounts for our truck is listed as:
2005-2022 TACOMA, 2003-2022 4RUNNER/GX, & FJ
This is the air compressor mount which is a 1-piece mount for the whole base.
So any of those seats would be bolt in. Just figure out the wiring. Airbag/Weight Sensor. Could be PnP.
Power seat, just run a line and have it relay on/off with the ignition.
Heating and cool could probably run off the same power, but incorporate toggles.
Not sure if it's the panel/switch, module or on-board computer that regulates that temperature.

I bet you could fit a Tacoma seat onto a 4Runner seat rail track with the motor. Fabricate the lower frame to mount up to the seat or get a complete 4Runner seat as a host, strip it down to the frame and move your Tacoma seat over.

Damn, I hate you guys. Now I'm trying to figure out a way or chase down some Recaro SR3's.
I missed my Brides.

1658003146010.png

1658004643763.png

1658006003685.png

Last edited:
Back