• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Amarok

Biohazard

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 Pro DCSB Auto
White
Anyone seen one of these? Volkswagen amarok. Looks to be a midsized pickup, ifs with coil overs in the front, solid rear axle with leaves, nicely outfitted all around...though seeing a toureg front on a truck did make me look twice.
I'm in the Caribbean for some work (no seriously, really am working), and found this parked at the joint where I'm being housed.
Anyone had any exposure to these?
41826F48-DA36-460C-9D22-DB465352A154.jpeg

32F6D40C-739C-40CB-B077-4AE982975A74.jpeg
EFE39BC3-409A-47EB-B72B-8D73CF4A5A9B.jpeg

Don’t tell us it has a diesel, there will be a lot of triggered people if so. 🤣

Looks too much like a car or ridgeline for me though. Never seen one before

Yeah, lines are soft. But it's a truck :) has decent ground clearance, solid frame, and after watching it drive around a bit, looks like it has a solid set of handling characteristics.

So before this I was a VW nerd. The Amarok is legit. It is plenty capable and can be made to be one hell of an offroader. Also, yes it does come in a diesel.

Back