• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Air compressor mounts

Biohazard

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 Pro DCSB Auto
White
Have a new arb twin air compressor sitting in my garage.
I'd like to do an underhood mount, with battle born offroad's combination tank mount high on my list. Any thoughts on plus/minus the tank?
Appreciate everyone's input prior to purchasing a tank mount.
Merry Christmas.

Have a new arb twin air compressor sitting in my garage.
I'd like to do an underhood mount, with battle born offroad's combination tank mount high on my list. Any thoughts on plus/minus the tank?
Appreciate everyone's input prior to purchasing a tank mount.
Merry Christmas.
Are you using the compressor just to air up or running lockers as well?

Are you using the compressor just to air up or running lockers as well?
No lockers. Just tools and airing up.

And yes to everyone wondering, I've read a bunch on TW and here regarding this topic. Eager to get this current crew's up to date perspective.

Last edited:
I personally would skip the tank. I have the ARB single (mounted in the bed cubby) and I've been pretty happy with its performance. The tank might speed things up a bit but I'm not filling tires every day.

The dual doesn't need a tank. It's 100% duty cycle and fast. Even if you have a tank, it's not enough to fill the tires and the compressor will run constantly once it is depleted.

-M

I have twin Viair 380's that have ZERO Tacoma support. I plan on at least 5 gallons if not 10. It'll be a spring time project, hopefully there will be more knowledge on systems and mounting by then.

Back