• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Adventure Cooking Setup

NTXTaco

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
Prepping for my first 2 day trek, and was wondering if i was on the right track for cooking. I wanted to build a cooktop that i could fit in a 27gal tote, and just run that, but maybe there is a better setup you've found? I've done backpacking treks before, but know that I can use a 2 burner i'd prefer too.

2 burner colman propane grill w/ propane tank
griddle top with tools
cook table
pot and pan
jet boil

i have a yeti cooler ating as my fridge for now, open to suggestions there as well.

What should be added or subtracted? I will regularly go with my Fiance, so it should be able to cook enough food for 2-3.

sounds like you have a pretty good start, and 2 days isn't that bad if you do forget something. we have a fridge now but still put drinks in a separate cooler so the meat doesn't get thawed out when i drink too many brews. lol

my advice is to have a pad of paper or note app on your phone and update it every time you think of something you should have brought or done differently. we usually go 6 or 7 nights and i have a checklist i print out before every trip. i check stuff off when it goes into the truck. after a few trips it is pretty much automatic.

oh, if you use the small green propane tanks and have a 20gallon grill tank at home invest in one of those adapters that lets you fill the small ones. they are cheap and the green tanks are getting ridiculously expensive.

and welcome to the forum.

Prepping for my first 2 day trek, and was wondering if i was on the right track for cooking. I wanted to build a cooktop that i could fit in a 27gal tote, and just run that, but maybe there is a better setup you've found? I've done backpacking treks before, but know that I can use a 2 burner i'd prefer too.

2 burner colman propane grill w/ propane tank
griddle top with tools
cook table
pot and pan
jet boil

i have a yeti cooler ating as my fridge for now, open to suggestions there as well.

What should be added or subtracted? I will regularly go with my Fiance, so it should be able to cook enough food for 2-3.
I have this 2 burner coleman its small but works also like a grill on one side,
Awsome for cooking for its size, one side is a grill or use as a 2nd burner for a pan/pot.
One of the best compact stove I have ever had.
1696449439507.png

1696449510456.png

Source: https://youtu.be/IIoEDpoIN9I

Attachments

• 1696449551250.png
    1696449551250.png
    382 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Your cooking setup for the trek looks good. Ensure your equipment is lightweight and fuel-efficient. Consider backup options, and plan a variety of meals for convenience and enjoyment. Happy trekking!

Back