Access Cab Thread?

• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

JCJ

= II • Bronze
First Name
Jeff
T3G Member
#7,211
Since ACs seem to be the less chosen (especially in the higher trims like the ORs) can we post up some Access Cab builds or build ideas? Why you opted for the AC in the first place, and some of the things you might not like so much that you found out later on?
I choose the AC for the bed length mainly, there was also a price difference from the DCOR and the LBOR comparatively. Rear space isn’t an issue since I’ve have other trucks and vehicles.
Two things that aren’t a huge deal but I could say I dislike are the fact there are no factory holes for a roof rack and we don’t get the electric sliding window. Both not an issue to me but the factory roof rack holes would be a plus, so I don’t have to drill into my roof when mine arrives. I would like to hear others reasons and opinions and see some of the builds!
My 2019 ACOR 4x4 with 65k miles on it without a single issue.

Attachments

• 7AA805D4-FC28-4444-9C43-10DF169A6BB1.jpeg
    7AA805D4-FC28-4444-9C43-10DF169A6BB1.jpeg
    983.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 0634EFE2-51E4-4634-8964-A1EBCEC8041D.jpeg
    0634EFE2-51E4-4634-8964-A1EBCEC8041D.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 5
  • F86BB61A-1B95-4748-A177-3E25E1C74C35.jpeg
    F86BB61A-1B95-4748-A177-3E25E1C74C35.jpeg
    938.9 KB · Views: 5

Merr

= II • Bronze
First Name
Andrew
T3G Member
#7,416
I love my AC just bought a new 2021 the other day. The one I got rid off was and 2008 AC with 229,000 miles on it.

Merr

= II • Bronze
First Name
Andrew
T3G Member
#7,416
Since ACs seem to be the less chosen (especially in the higher trims like the ORs) can we post up some Access Cab builds or build ideas? Why you opted for the AC in the first place, and some of the things you might not like so much that you found out later on?
I choose the AC for the bed length mainly, there was also a price difference from the DCOR and the LBOR comparatively. Rear space isn’t an issue since I’ve have other trucks and vehicles.
Two things that aren’t a huge deal but I could say I dislike are the fact there are no factory holes for a roof rack and we don’t get the electric sliding window. Both not an issue to me but the factory roof rack holes would be a plus, so I don’t have to drill into my roof when mine arrives. I would like to hear others reasons and opinions and see some of the builds!
My 2019 ACOR 4x4 with 65k miles on it without a single issue.
Your truck looks awesome. What size rims and tires and what rims do you have? Did you have to do any mods with the tire and wheel upgrade to make them fit?

JCJ

= II • Bronze
First Name
Jeff
T3G Member
#7,211
I love my AC just bought a new 2021 the other day. The one I got rid off was and 2008 AC with 229,000 miles on it.
Your truck looks awesome. What size rims and tires and what rims do you have? Did you have to do any mods with the tire and wheel upgrade to make them fit?
They are 17x8 icon rebounds with a zero offset, 285/70r17s duratracs, you definitely need a lift and a good alignment to make them fit properly, I also chopped the cab mount because I cannot find anyone who can align the truck properly with enough caster. Anything around 3 degrees or more you won’t have to chop the mount. Spc/jba control arms help to achieve that number, you just have to find someone who can adjust and align with them.

Top Bottom