• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Access Cab Thread?

JCJ

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Since ACs seem to be the less chosen (especially in the higher trims like the ORs) can we post up some Access Cab builds or build ideas? Why you opted for the AC in the first place, and some of the things you might not like so much that you found out later on?
I choose the AC for the bed length mainly, there was also a price difference from the DCOR and the LBOR comparatively. Rear space isn’t an issue since I’ve have other trucks and vehicles.
Two things that aren’t a huge deal but I could say I dislike are the fact there are no factory holes for a roof rack and we don’t get the electric sliding window. Both not an issue to me but the factory roof rack holes would be a plus, so I don’t have to drill into my roof when mine arrives. I would like to hear others reasons and opinions and see some of the builds!
My 2019 ACOR 4x4 with 65k miles on it without a single issue.

Attachments

• 7AA805D4-FC28-4444-9C43-10DF169A6BB1.jpeg
    7AA805D4-FC28-4444-9C43-10DF169A6BB1.jpeg
    983.3 KB · Views: 296
  • 0634EFE2-51E4-4634-8964-A1EBCEC8041D.jpeg
    0634EFE2-51E4-4634-8964-A1EBCEC8041D.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 292
  • F86BB61A-1B95-4748-A177-3E25E1C74C35.jpeg
    F86BB61A-1B95-4748-A177-3E25E1C74C35.jpeg
    938.9 KB · Views: 258
I love my AC just bought a new 2021 the other day. The one I got rid off was and 2008 AC with 229,000 miles on it.

Congrats! How are you liking the upgrade so far?

Since ACs seem to be the less chosen (especially in the higher trims like the ORs) can we post up some Access Cab builds or build ideas? Why you opted for the AC in the first place, and some of the things you might not like so much that you found out later on?
I choose the AC for the bed length mainly, there was also a price difference from the DCOR and the LBOR comparatively. Rear space isn’t an issue since I’ve have other trucks and vehicles.
Two things that aren’t a huge deal but I could say I dislike are the fact there are no factory holes for a roof rack and we don’t get the electric sliding window. Both not an issue to me but the factory roof rack holes would be a plus, so I don’t have to drill into my roof when mine arrives. I would like to hear others reasons and opinions and see some of the builds!
Your truck looks awesome. What size rims and tires and what rims do you have? Did you have to do any mods with the tire and wheel upgrade to make them fit?

I love my AC just bought a new 2021 the other day. The one I got rid off was and 2008 AC with 229,000 miles on it.
Your truck looks awesome. What size rims and tires and what rims do you have? Did you have to do any mods with the tire and wheel upgrade to make them fit?
They are 17x8 icon rebounds with a zero offset, 285/70r17s duratracs, you definitely need a lift and a good alignment to make them fit properly, I also chopped the cab mount because I cannot find anyone who can align the truck properly with enough caster. Anything around 3 degrees or more you won’t have to chop the mount. Spc/jba control arms help to achieve that number, you just have to find someone who can adjust and align with them.

I just got mine during Thanksgiving week. Pre-owned 2017 SR5 Access Cab. The previous owner put some nice modifications/accessories on it. Brush guard, tinted windows, and weathertech floormats. I absolutely love it. I have wanted a Toyota pickup since I saw Back to the Future as a kid, so this is a dream come true.

I did some light offroading helping relatives hall back their game kills and I was really impressed with the performance.

I went for an AC because I don't have people to hall around and I like the six foot bed. I like the interior storage options of an AC. I will probably fashion some sort of wooden storage system to fit in the back as I have seen others do.

Attachments

• 20201127_153925.jpg
    20201127_153925.jpg
    787.1 KB · Views: 233
  • mytruck.jpg
    mytruck.jpg
    718.1 KB · Views: 253
We're shopping for an ACLB for my wife. She wants the LB to haul soil amendments (big-time gardener) and we don't need or want the back seat and doors. She currently drives a 2009 2WD base model Taco ACLB and basically just wants to upgrade that to 4wd and towing.

Just bought 2023 4x4 but no rear seats in access. Any info on where to get and how to install. Needed for carseat.

Attachments

• 20230228_121815.jpg
    20230228_121815.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 128

What rock sliders do you have?? Looks great. Thanks.

2017 SR5 AC cab, I love the looks of the truck the AC look more like a truck truck, my opinion, every one love the style they picked and to each thier own, gotta love these tacoma .

Last edited:
Back