• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Help! 5.29 Gears - Where to go in Southeast?

gelsi2033

5️⃣ Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2021 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Silver Sky
Anyone know of a reliable, experienced place to have 5.29's installed in Northern FL/Southern GA?

My dilemma is not the cost or whether or not it should be done, but rather whom can I trust to do it properly. Push comes to shove and I don't find anyone by early summer, I am going to take a week and drive the 800 miles up to ECG supply in NC, but there must be someone out there who knows of place in FL or GA that is capable?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rockrash Perfirmsnce in NC. Those guys know their shit. Or you can try a 4 Wheel Parts if theres one near you. Re hearing isn't something that any shop will do. I had a hard time finding anyone at all in my area as well.

Anyone know of a reliable, experienced place to have 5.29's installed in Northern FL/Southern GA?

My dilemma is not the cost or whether or not it should be done, but rather whom can I trust to do it properly. Push comes to shove and I don't find anyone by early summer, I am going to take a week and drive the 800 miles up to ECG supply in NC, but there must be someone out there who knows of place in FL or GA that is capable?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have read nothing but great reports about ECG. If I were to get regeared, I would travel to them. However, having said that, I live in NC and would have to drive about 4 hours across the state to their shop to have them install the gearing choice, which I would gladly do.

Back