• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

5.29 Gears Fort Wayne

stringjd

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
Does anyone know a reliable/creditable shop near Fort Wayne Indiana that will do the install of 5.29 gears on my Gen 3 Tacoma

I’m in Texas, and have an outstanding club mechanic I work with. However, I decided to go with East Coast Gear Supply. They will build you what you need and then ship the 3rd member and front diff to you. You swap them out, which there is a couple of really good videos available, and then you send back your old ones and get a core charge returned. If you’re not comfortable doing it yourself, you should be able to have any good and reputable mechanic shop swap them out. It is a little more costly up front, but for me about $300 cheaper once done. If you order them from them, they will come with a 5 year warranty, no questions asked. I had to send my rear diff in for repairs and paid shipping only… it was damage I did, they did not charge me for the work. PM if you have questions. The folks there are super friendly and really experienced in building gears for our trucks! Hope this helps!

Back