• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

4X2 | 4 cylinder

The only downfall to me is resale value. I’ve had plenty of 2wds, since that is all I needed and 4 cylinders are still out there.

It comes down to what you need the truck for. Commuting, camping, etc.

I own a 2wd and I love it. Specially when I shock a lot of people when I go on curtain trails. I live in the desert. It's all about how you drive in the dirt and what kinda tires you have a suspension.

I own a 2wd and I love it. Specially when I shock a lot of people when I go on curtain trails. I live in the desert. It's all about how you drive in the dirt and what kinda tires you have a suspension.
What kind of setup do you have on your 2WD? Tires, suspension, etc.. I have a 2018 Off Road 2WD and I am exploring upgrade options.

If you plan to do any off-roading other than fire access roads or light trail riding, definitely go 4x4. If you want a Tacoma to have a truck & transport stuff from Home Depot to your house, a 2x4 4cyl will do the job perfectly.

Almost everyone who buys a 2x4 and decides to go off-roading ends up regretting not getting a 4x4 so keep that in mind.

What kind of setup do you have on your 2WD? Tires, suspension, etc.. I have a 2018 Off Road 2WD and I am exploring upgrade options.
I use too have an Icon Stage 8 suspension with 4'' spindle with 285/75/17 Toyo R/Ts on my other truck I use to own.

Last edited:
For me the point of getting a new vehicle was it had to be 4x4. If I wanted a 2x4 4cyl then I'd have gotten a van.

Back