• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

4WD Shifter Knob Ring

TumbleWeed

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Let's be honest, how often do you get to use the 4WD shifter knob on that beautiful 3rd Gen Tacoma of yours? Probably not enough if you're like me and the majority of us.

Well here's to no more accidentally shifting that glorious, sough after, differential destroying 4WD button into 4HI when all you really want to do is adjust the fan speed.

Introducing the Spiked Ring that slides around your (4WD) knob so you know when you grab it! The ring is tight enough that you can still shift it into 4HI from 2WD when needed but is textured enough so you know when you accidentally touch it

https://www.etsy.com/listing/760604452/tacoma-4wd-shifter-knob-spiked-ring?ref=listings_manager_grid

knob3.jpg

il_794xN.2173534256_rhxg (1).jpg

Interesting! Definitely never seen something like this.

Lol, there was like a 20 page thread on another forum where people mentioned how the knobs are very similar and they kept accidentally touching the 4WD knob instead of the fan speed so it gave me the idea of making a spiked ring. Its 3D printed and not a ring for your other "knob" as others have said it looks like :ROFLMAO:

That's a smart idea. Good job!

Lol, there was like a 20 page thread on another forum where people mentioned how the knobs are very similar and they kept accidentally touching the 4WD knob instead of the fan speed so it gave me the idea of making a spiked ring. Its 3D printed and not a ring for your other "knob" as others have said it looks like :ROFLMAO:
Cool that you just got your Tacoma and are already doing these.

Back