• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

3rd Gen Tacoma Mountain Bike Shift Knob

OGMuffinMan

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
2022 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Army Green
I have seen the GoGettaGrip shift knob but I didn't like how much the thing costs ($75) and it doesn't even let you use your own grip. I designed and 3D printed my own shift knob adapter that just screws onto the shifter post and allows you to put any mountain bike grip (22mm bar size is standard) on it. If anyone is interested in the files, I can post them for yall to use. For tacomas the only thing you have to get is a shifter boot trim cover which are on Amazon and etsy (link below). You can hold the boot up by placing a zip tie on the shifter bar under the boot.

IMG-9758.jpg

*Bolt to show how shift bar threads into the adapter.

68071804057--BD7D4CAD-12AC-457F-80E4-802AECA40A7C.jpg

*Bike grip clamps down on the adapter just like it would on your bike.

Shifter boot trim cover:
https://www.amazon.com/Dubbs-Hardwa...ocphy=1014517&hvtargid=pla-1423021571656&th=1

--I am working on one for the 4Runner as well however the shifter arm is longer and I don't have one to measure. If anyone has a 4Runner and sees this, I would be very greatful if you could measure the height of the bar from the top of the shifter gate trim (with no shifter installed please).

The Getta Grip absolutely lets you use any MTB grip. I'm using a Oury rubber grip. And the base grip is $54.

-M

##UPDATE##
I have made an etsy shop where I am selling the shift knob adapter. Link below.

Back