• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

3rd Gen 6x6 Thread

josephdm7

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong but there are no threads on the forum for 3rd generation 6x6 discussion so far so I decided to create my own. I have been fascinated by the Hennessey Ford and Chevy 6x6 trucks and the European 6x6 Hiluxes and even a Tundra 6x6. I decided to go into photoshop and create a Tacoma 6x6 of my own to see if it could compete. I created this photo almost 3 months ago and asked the tacoma3g Instagram to post it to gauge people's reactions. Now while I do not have the resources right now, I plan to build my truck like the one below in the future. Leave any insight or thoughts you have in this thread.
IMG_9613.JPG

It’s different that’s for sure. I don’t hate it or love it.

That’s just my opinion though. I’m more interested in the Mercedes one or Ford. The larger or full size rigs look good as a 6x6

If you like it and want to do it, go for it! Id definitely watch the build process!

Yeah, it's interesting but I don't know what the benefit would be. With the comparatively short wheelbase it seems like the tires would get dragged sideways on every turn. That said, it would be fairly simple to convert it to a half track and that would be very interesting!

Correct me if I am wrong but there are no threads on the forum for 3rd generation 6x6 discussion so far so I decided to create my own. I have been fascinated by the Hennessey Ford and Chevy 6x6 trucks and the European 6x6 Hiluxes and even a Tundra 6x6. I decided to go into photoshop and create a Tacoma 6x6 of my own to see if it could compete. I created this photo almost 3 months ago and asked the tacoma3g Instagram to post it to gauge people's reactions. Now while I do not have the resources right now, I plan to build my truck like the one below in the future. Leave any insight or thoughts you have in this thread.
IMG_9613.JPG
Question for you. Can you remember if I ever actually posted this on the T3G IG for you?

I see a Hennessy Raptor around town on occasion. It's a fricken beast.

A 6x6 Tacoma would be cool and would definitely get you some clicks lol

A 6x6 Tacoma would need at the least 400hp to even operate, the 278hp 4x4 is a bit low for what it is at the moment IMO.

I think the purpose is to show off your ?. Do we know of anyone with a 6x6 pickup truck that is using it in ways that a 4x4 wouldn’t be sufficient? You know, besides rap music videos, lol.

Dream truck build.jpg

This is something I whipped up in Photoshop first attempt it's not that good but it's a cool concept. I would like to do something like this to my truck at some point but it's an 05 so it would look slightly different.

Back