• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

2W vs 4W..?

L

Lava road

possibly a ghost :(
After watching a few YouTube videos of 2 wheel trucks going off road..many with lockers or limited slip units…Yes they all claim they can go most places a 4 wheeler can go…I agree…

Having a four wheel drive makes it easier vs 2 wheel drive.. but you will always run into very difficult hills or roads…. Most stock height trucks will go most places a 2 wheel drive truck can go to.. but there will alway be a bad spot..where a lifted truck will be able to mange better..
Lifted vs no lift…
Yet again just because you have 4wheel drive …does not mean you can go anywhere…. Meaning lockers / limited slips may take you farther..

It is nice watching two wheelers.. I am sure they wish there rigs actually has a four wheel system… My bicycle has two wheels…I went from 4 wheels to two…. A two wheeler today…lol
Aloha

Just a note …At my age ..I may need to make my bicycle a four wheeler drive again…

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 2wd, but my plans are going towards the desert runner/trophy truck build...not planning on crawling or overlanding.

Many two wheelers …like dune buggies…sand runners…etc.. Does not require 4-wheel drive…and many of off the road trails…too….
It is nice to know you can go more places, I seen many people park on the side of the road…on green grass..especially when it rains..get struck..(2W)…lol
Alo ha

Back