• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

275/70/17, 0 offset wheels.

Ferg93

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
Hey yall,

I’m about to get a 2/1 lift on my Tacoma with some 275/70/17 Falken Wildpeaks and 0 offset KMC wheels. My only worry right now is that the zero offset wheel is going to cause the tires to rub the UCAs. The guy at the off-road shop said there won’t be any rubbing. Can anyone confirm if this will surely happen or not? Thanks

Since he said NO RUBBING,.. then IF they rub he is going to do the right thing and FIX it,..... I would hope.
Have him involved in the install.

Since he said NO RUBBING,.. then IF they rub he is going to do the right thing and FIX it,..... I would hope.
Have him involved in the install.
True. Or, if I have to, select another set of wheels from their store that has some type of offset to fix that problem, then we can work out the price difference. Doesn’t sound too hard to accomplish. Hopefully these will work out though.

0 offset is fine. A little conservative tbh. You won't rub on the control arms, but you might rub on the cab mount. With that setup you should be able to get the caster adjusted to not rub anywhere tho except maybe on some plastics. Can't say for sure on the rubbing on the body, but can say for sure you won't on the control arms.

0 offset is fine. A little conservative tbh. You won't rub on the control arms, but you might rub on the cab mount. With that setup you should be able to get the caster adjusted to not rub anywhere tho except maybe on some plastics. Can't say for sure on the rubbing on the body, but can say for sure you won't on the control arms.
Thanks for the reply. That makes me feel better. I’m not too worried about rubbing in the wheel well or fenders because that will be fixed with some slight trimming, if needed.

Rubbing won't be on the fenders, would be on the cab mount on the frame. It requires cutting and welding to fix. Can't say for sure with those specs but you should be pretty safe unless you're flexing it pretty hard. Shouldn't rub on the daily commute with some increased caster.

FWIW I'm a 285/70/17 & 17x8.5 -10 wheels with ~1.65" lift (lift doesn't really help you clear tires) and I had to push my caster to 4 degrees, trim & reform the front and rear of the splash shields, hammer my pinch welds flat and do a cab mount chop to not rub on anything. It's very nice not rubbing at all now though no matter how I drive or how much I flex the truck. And I should be able to jump up to a 34" next time and not have to change anything.

That extra 5mm of outer clearance gained from your 275's and the 10mm less poke than my setup should help yours clear pretty easily though, but might require a little bit of work on your part. Won't know until it's on.

Last edited:
Rubbing won't be on the fenders, would be on the cab mount on the frame. It requires cutting and welding to fix. Can't say for sure with those specs but you should be pretty safe unless you're flexing it pretty hard. Shouldn't rub on the daily commute with some increased caster.

FWIW I'm a 285/70/17 & 17x8.5 -10 wheels with ~1.65" lift (lift doesn't really help you clear tires) and I had to push my caster to 4 degrees, trim & reform the front and rear of the splash shields, hammer my pinch welds flat and do a cab mount chop to not rub on anything. It's very nice not rubbing at all now though no matter how I drive or how much I flex the truck. And I should be able to jump up to a 34" next time and not have to change anything.

That extra 5mm of outer clearance gained from your 275's and the 10mm less poke than my setup should help yours clear pretty easily though, but might require a little bit of work on your part. Won't know until it's on.
Sounds good. We will definitely have to wait and see how it goes.

Back