• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

23,00 miles on Toyo tires. Dry rot?

RonTacoma17

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
NY State Inspection says I have 50% left on my 2017 23,000 miles Toyo tires. They are dry rotting. Any information is appreciated

Which Toyo are you running?

Toyo A35 Open Road

Attachments

• IMG_E9886.JPG
    IMG_E9886.JPG
    733.6 KB · Views: 100
Toyo A35 Open Road

I think you need to get your alignment checked. That's a lot of uneven wear on the outside edge. Does the other side look the same? Do you have a lift?

I bought the truck a year ago and retired and drove < 5,000 miles all that was done before purchase. I have service records yet I agree now 23,000 miles and look like that. I need to leave Monday for Cleveland OH to see my sister in Hospice care

If I were leaving on a trip on Monday an alignment would be on my list today to schedule for tomorrow. Possibly buying new tires as well. Unfortunately that outer edge looks pretty bad. You'll be needing tires soon for sure.

Back