• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

2022 Tacoma Off-Rd Regearing

ojodemas

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
What up y'all.

What is your recommendation on gear brand? Looking to upgrade my gears from stock to 5.29 for my 2022 Tacoma. I think I have heard of Nitro Brand and Revolution Gear. I live in SoCal, also looking for a spot to complete this. I'm looking at Siri Built in Santa Ana, Ca.

Thanks in advance.

Marco

Just had mine done with Yukon's. Local guy said his experience with Nitro's (by far the most talked about and I think the most common) have a "whirring" sound after a few thousand miles.

Can't give you a long term review, but the 5.29's do make the truck drive quite differently, and I'm very happy with the upgrade.

I have Nitros because I have 35's. Transmission doesn't hunt anymore and the truck is more enjoyable to drive now. It used to hunt all the time w/ 33s and stock gears, argh. Worse part of the Nitros - the painful 500 mile break-in period, 10 miles or 20/25 minutes, then rest for 25 minutes, then another 10 miles or 20/25 minutes...repeat until you hit 500 miles.

I have Nitros because I have 35's. Transmission doesn't hunt anymore and the truck is more enjoyable to drive now. It used to hunt all the time w/ 33s and stock gears, argh. Worse part of the Nitros - the painful 500 mile break-in period, 10 miles or 20/25 minutes, then rest for 25 minutes, then another 10 miles or 20/25 minutes...repeat until you hit 500 miles.

Did you get yours tuned as well or just regeared?

Back