• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Audio 2021 JBL premium sound tweeters

TacoDePapa

3️⃣ Silver
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2021 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Hi ya’ll
has anyone changed their tweeters on a 2021 premium JBL system?
I noticed that my truck only has 2 wires instead of the 4 I was used to seeping at each tweeter. well now that doesn’t allow the kicker upgrade to install on a plug and play situation.
soooo,,,,
what have you guys out there done ?

Hi ya’ll
I noticed that my truck only has 2 wires instead of the 4 I was used to seeping at each tweeter. well now that doesn’t allow the kicker upgrade to install on a plug and play situation.
soooo,,,,

What wires? All tweeters should only have 2. Worst case you just cut the plug off and re-use it. Most people grab the Kicker Subaru OEM Tweeters, but they aren't compatible with the JBL Premium from 2019. Which is what I have. So I'd assume the same for you. Look into just throwing a 3.5" speaker in there. I replaced mine with JBL GX328. Re-used the factory connector.

Hi ya’ll
soooo,,,,
They do make an adaptor to go from jbl to non jbl

They do make an adaptor to go from jbl to non jbl
High doubtful. The idea with the 'premium' is that you're not going to mess with it so there is much less support for upgrading it. Stereo wiring is pretty simple to tap though. Also only other weird ohmed speakers will play nice - i.e. - JBL and Infinity. The JBL aftermarket speakers >>>> JBL 'premium' audio.

Also for anyone wanting the Kickers because they've heard good things - comparing them side by side is the same clarity to the stock JBL setup. Even if they were pnp they would not be a worthwhile upgrade.

JBL GX328 - 3.5"- 2.3Ω

PXL_20210427_195519883.jpg
PXL_20210412_174458443.jpg
PXL_20210424_131345018.jpg
PXL_20210427_204357642.jpg

Back