• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

2021 Ford Bronco

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
I think it was just officially revealed today? I don't like modern trucks. The Tacoma, 4Runner, and Wrangler are the only modern 4x4 trucks that have stuck to their roots, in my opinion. That said, this new Bronco is impressively... 4x4 oriented. I mean, just look at that new Chevy Blazer... that thing is a car. This Bronco is actually sweet. It's probably going to be popular with people who will never actually do anything with it, lol.

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/?intcmp=hp-bb-bronco

1594686481097.png
1594686497716.png
1594686525854.png

Thoughts?

Kinda looks like a FJ cruiser got in bed with a Jeep. But it does look pretty cool.
I guess there is only so much design room between it being unique and looking like a Jeep. I give them credit for going for it, though they are def gonna get a tonnnn of Jeep haters, lol.

Although, and I say this a lot, someone besides Jeep give us a modern solid axle rig!

I WANT WUN!

35s, IFS and front locker! It using the Ranger front diff? Looking forward to the "Raptor Bronco".
Screenshot_20200713-181405_Instagram.jpg

Yuuuuup. I’d take that thing right up our local spot, the waterfall. No doubt.

Not getting rid of the Tacoma for it though!

So far it looks and sounds impressive.

Not gonna lie if a 4 door with 35s those flares locking diffs and a manual isn’t hella money I may be looking to get a value in the taco 👤 that’s as close to a modern day80s series landcruiser as it’s gonna get

AA86EDB3-3C76-4D3B-B00F-EEEBBB9E2A3F.jpeg

Amazing lines, just beautiful. I grew up riding around in a 90’s Bronco. Our family was just a little too big for it since it only had one back seat and two doors. My dad rigged up a car seat anchor behind the rear row of seats that was rear facing. I remember watching the cars out the massive back window and never realized how dangerous that probably was. Excited for this. I might just have to put the wife in one.

Honestly Ford nailed this one. If it's reliable, it'll be a hot commodity.

It'll probably get super expensive optioned out with the offroad packages, but then again Jeeps aren't cheap either lol

Also, I've surprisingly seen a lot of good feedback from some Jeep-heavy offroad groups I'm in.
Typically they're either in the boat of "this thing is cool, I might need to trade the Jeep in" or "this thing is cool, hopefully Jeep steps their game up to match"

Also, Chevy over here looking at their new Blazer like

FEFBAA76-9ABD-4D08-B80F-C4B6FFD9E753.jpeg
So much this.

Yeah, @knightacoma, it looks like it is being well respected in the hardcore community. It should be, they killed it. Not just with the looks, but with the specs.

Check out this forum:

https://www.bronco6g.com

For one, the name. Haha.

But, holy shit... it has about 4,000 members and last night after the reveal there were about 1,000 members logged in at once and something crazy like 20,000 unregistered visitors viewing the site.

I used to own tacoma4g.com because I wanted to do the same thing, but the domain expired and someone took it from me.

Man watching the release video almost sold me. These things are awesome.

Curious about pricing on the Sasquatch package and stuff though. Could easily see it being $10k.

I thought it was pretty sweet! I think they really shook the market with the Bronco having all the features from factory that most people would already dump into a truck off the lot to make it really capable off road. Plus, all the modern tech is a big bonus. If sales are strong, it's going to push other manufactures to quit slimming down and put in parts from the factory that will compete with the aftermaket industry.

It's at the top of my list. Will purchase one if the reliability and driveability beats the Jeep. Miss my JL somethin' fierce, though I don't miss the constant dealership trips or the wandering steering or the rusty doors.

It's at the top of my list. Will purchase one if the reliability and driveability beats the Jeep. Miss my JL somethin' fierce, though I don't miss the constant dealership trips or the wandering steering or the rusty doors.
The good thing is it’s the engine from the ranger or the edge st and same trans so those shouldn’t be issues, big things sometimes fords call back when they’re new

Found these 2 pictures floating around the webs. Probably photo shopped but look the the front suspension set-up!

I also read somewhere that a pickup version is scheduled for 2024 which would be awesome! Without a bed its as useful as a SXS.
Screenshot_20200718-161432_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20200718-161419_Instagram.jpg

*here it is
Screenshot_20200718-162704_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Found these 2 pictures floating around the webs. Probably photo shopped but look the the front suspension set-up!

I also read somewhere that a pickup version is scheduled for 2024 which would be awesome! Without a bed its as useful as a SXS.

*here it is
Definitely photoshopped sadly lol

The Bronco has IFS and not a solid axle like the Jeeps. However, Ford claims their IFS in engineered to have as much travel as a solid axle.

*here it is
Photoshop but all of these are pretty sick. They should have just done the SFA.

1596453529587.png

This Bronco forum had 30,000 posts and 3,000 members right before the Bronco announcement. Now look at it. Slightly jealous, lol.

Just got off Fords Website looking at the Bronco. I'm just in Awe......
Now they have 5 or 6 models in the lineup.
Way to go Ford......I'm Rooting for Ya.
How long before aftermarket vendors start producing their parts?

Just got off Fords Website looking at the Bronco. I'm just in Awe......
Now they have 5 or 6 models in the lineup.
Way to go Ford......I'm Rooting for Ya.
How long before aftermarket vendors start producing their parts?
I think the aftermarket is already all over this. But Ford are also putting out like 700+ accessories I think, which is cool.

im not a fan, I know people say im crazy, maybe I am, but it just doesn't do it for me at all. most will be mall crawlers for sure. and they hype rarely lives up to the truth I think. plus the price point.... ii don't see the value for me

im not a fan, I know people say im crazy, maybe I am, but it just doesn't do it for me at all. most will be mall crawlers for sure. and they hype rarely lives up to the truth I think. plus the price point.... ii don't see the value for me
Definitely going to take over the malls, yeah. Not that that's a bad thing, but it's true.

Back